Root
Malan
Stokes
Bairstow
Moeen
TRJ
Broad
Anderson

i agree, but at least balance has been dropped, Mark Stoneman, i am not sure what he has to do, to get into that side

i agree, but at least balance has been dropped, Mark Stoneman, i am not sure what he has to do, to get into that side
Wouldn't be surprised to see him replace Jennings by the end of the summer.

Arguments for malan/westley/rocky via lions and county performance.

As rocky is an opener and we need a 3/5 he's missed out.

I'd have gone rocky and Jennings at 3 but then cooks got plenty of praise for Westley and Fraser is a selector.

FFS, just started a new thread man. Didn't expect the 3rd test squad to get posted in here :rolleyes:

Ballance not dropped. He's injured

Sorry about that, but i can create one if you wish, as for ballance, i thought it wasn't to bad with his finger.

Wouldn't be surprised to see him replace Jennings by the end of the summer.

Arguments for malan/westley/rocky via lions and county performance.

As rocky is an opener and we need a 3/5 he's missed out.

I'd have gone rocky and Jennings at 3 but then cooks got plenty of praise for Westley and Fraser is a selector.

indeed, for me its about get the right pieces of the jigsaw for the ashes, and hopefully by November, the team will be ready to face Australia.

but very interesting picks i think from yourself.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't know much about Westley. Is he an opener or a no.3? Or, in true ECB style is he a man who's made all his runs at no.6 and will be expected to perform at no.3 against one of the best new-ball attacks in the world?

Don't know much about Westley. Is he an opener or a no.3? Or, in true ECB style is he a man who's made all his runs at no.6 and will be expected to perform at no.3 against one of the best new-ball attacks in the world?
For the past few seasons he's batted at 3 for Essex. Before that no idea.

Usually bats at three and looks to have a good technique, from memory he seems to be quite wristy, I think he's a good pick.

Unsure on Malan, think he could be another hitter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back