England v SA 2nd test thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
England will be unchanged

SA will welcome back skipper Faf du Plessis for longstanding failure JP Duminy and Kasigo Rabada is stupidly suspended

Big days for Jennings and Ballance who need runs to cement a place, and Dawson who needs to prove he adds something when it doesn't turn stupidly like at Lords

I don't get this apparent obsession in the media that Jennings needs runs as his place could be under threat. He made 100 in his debut test, 50 in his second test in very tough conditions, then dug in last week to make an important 30 odd on a tough deck last week in his third test, where most of the order crumbled. He seems to be doing ok IMO.

Hope it's not another Bunsen but the inclusion of two spinners suggests it will be.
I hope it is although perhaps not as much turn as Lords as early.

But this is Trent bridge .... if it's cloudy there could be a lot of swing as there was in the Australia Test or if there's no swing and the pitch is dead then we get a boring game as per the India Test before the Australia one.

18 for 1. Elgar c Dawson b Anderson 6

Fantastic diving right handed catch, just behind Square on the offside

Anderson's 300th test wicket in england

Just looking at the wicket again, Jimmy was tight on the no ball

Wood on now

20 for 1

Amla 1
Kuhn 13

Wood is looking very quick so far, got Kuhn in the head, outside edge straight down, and he has already had physio on the hand

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't get this apparent obsession in the media that Jennings needs runs as his place could be under threat. He made 100 in his debut test, 50 in his second test in very tough conditions, then dug in last week to make an important 30 odd on a tough deck last week in his third test, where most of the order crumbled. He seems to be doing ok IMO.
Because he averages 34

Has been a decent start indeed, but a couple of bad tests and he's averaging late 20s

Sam Robson territory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back