England v Pakistan second T20 live on BBC1 game starts 215pm

Great batting performance covering what was an ordinary bowling performance. Ali a big worry for me, needed for the balance that England like to have but his form is like playing with 10 men at the moment.

I've no idea what Ali was doing with the bat today. Looked like he was trying to get out. Difficult to judge his bowling based on one over, which went for 10 runs. Generally, with regard to Englands bowling, the three established seamers weren't great, too many length/in the slot balls. On the plus side, Rashid got two wickets and bowled well, as usual, and Gregory was economical. To be fair, Pakistan's seamers, Rauf aside, got hit around the ground as well and we have Stokes, Archer, WIlley and Wood to come back into this team on the bowling side of things plus Roy, Buttler and Root for batting (Stokes in both, of course).

I've no idea what Ali was doing with the bat today. Looked like he was trying to get out. Difficult to judge his bowling based on one over, which went for 10 runs. Generally, with regard to Englands bowling, the three established seamers weren't great, too many length/in the slot balls. On the plus side, Rashid got two wickets and bowled well, as usual, and Gregory was economical. To be fair, Pakistan's seamers, Rauf aside, got hit around the ground as well and we have Stokes, Archer, WIlley and Wood to come back into this team on the bowling side of things plus Roy, Buttler and Root for batting (Stokes in both, of course).
Stokes record is shite

I know this was far from the first choice XI but I can only remember us bowling one yorker in the entire innings and as you say continued to bowl length, just short of a length, when that was disappearing.

I'm not judging Ali on this game alone but the Ireland matches too. Clearly Morgan has lost faith in him, 18 months ago he'd have bowled out, the time he had away from the game doesn't seem to have improved his form one bit unfortunately.

Rarely watch cricket but watched the tail end of the 20/20 game yesterday.

Was it me or did that Moeen Ali deliberately get caught on purpose?

Rarely watch cricket but watched the tail end of the 20/20 game yesterday.

Was it me or did that Moeen Ali deliberately get caught on purpose?
Not deliberate but sadly moeen has lost any belief and confidence in himself. He may come back but I feel he is now past his peak for england

as you rarely watch, what did you think of the game? There’s another T20 next Sunday v Australia on the BBC, will you watch that?

Not deliberate but sadly moeen has lost any belief and confidence in himself. He may come back but I feel he is now past his peak for england

as you rarely watch, what did you think of the game? There’s another T20 next Sunday v Australia on the BBC, will you watch that?

Gripping is how I would describe it.. especially when Pakistan had a glimmer of hope getting back into it.

If it's on BBC I will

Gripping is how I would describe it.. especially when Pakistan had a glimmer of hope getting back into it.

If it's on BBC I will
Next Sunday same time but Australia and at a different ground near Southampton.

this area of the forum is canny for all cricket coverage from local teams, durham, the other counties and internationals.

Last edited:
All came from an idea about 14 years back now as most of those still posting, were posting cricket on the smb area.

why not, we asked to have a separate area, and they said, we could for a trial run. Here we are now, one of the busiest sections of the whole forum

:lol:

It was the 06/07 Ashes, people who didn’t like the game were finding the whole front page full of cricket when they logged on at 7am.

Back