England v India 5th Test, Edgbaston (1st July) Match Thread

Wouldn't have him back mind. Belongs in the same folder as Crawley and Pope
I’m still giving pope more chances. It’s ton or out for him this week

Chance to see Harmer bowl , I think he will be with the saffers

He can slog it as well 12 off 4

254 for 5 off 20 record at Chelmsford

Glamorgan 2 down already chasing over250.

Billy Root in. Enjoyed banter with him in his Yorkshire days, your my hero billy etc. don’t lie to me billy, original I know

Called him for a wide when he returned one from the boundary, he disappeared off into the distance muttering with that one

Why would the ECB suddenly do something to accommodate the Blast when they show it nothing but contempt usually?

Perhaps Indian TV didn't ask for it before

Why would Indian TV have that much influence? I'm not saying you're wrong and that it's not the case, I just don't see why it would be :lol:

Why would Indian TV have that much influence? I'm not saying you're wrong and that it's not the case, I just don't see why it would be :lol:
They do though. We have to know our place with them

That’s why we very rarely get any interviews within the game with nass, Athers etc

Bcci control every thing and nothing can go against their editorial hold

I’ve done billy root again, bowled for 1

India practically run the game financially because its so big over there
I'd assume because they run the game financially, such is the level of interest over there.

I didn't see any play after 60/3 but I'm annoyed.

"Bazball" was class against New Zealand. But if the captain's not even prepared to front up and needs a night-watchmen then it falls flat.

Test cricket is the hardest and best format for a reason. It's very hard and to be the best side in the world you need to play to the situation and be ruthless.

Not just go oh well it hasn't worked today.

I very much doubt the Aussies ever had that mindset. Why the fuck should we?

I didn't see any play after 60/3 but I'm annoyed.

"Bazball" was class against New Zealand. But if the captain's not even prepared to front up and needs a night-watchmen then it falls flat.

Test cricket is the hardest and best format for a reason. It's very hard and to be the best side in the world you need to play to the situation and be ruthless.

Not just go oh well it hasn't worked today.

I very much doubt the Aussies ever had that mindset. Why the fuck should we?
You should see how easy it was to remove leach

The incredible theory of bowling line and length at him, aiming for the stumps, ended his innings at 0

Number 11 getting out like that. We would have had 8 on the boundary looking for a top edge

The Indians were laughing all day at England

We all knew it was coming for Crawley again. Poor Nass was nearly in tears saying what we have been

Last edited:
Bit unlucky that the rain breaks have pretty much allowed Bumrah and Shami to bowl 3 consecutive spells
Nah we made the ridiculous call to bowl first.
Better bowling attack, better batters and we're being found out.
Fully expect the South Africa series to be more like the NZ series in terms of competitiveness
Their missing their two leading scorers for the series and were getting spanked. Really poor 2 days

Last edited:

Back