England v Australia 3rd T20 Tuesday 8 September, 6pm Skysports Cricket

Ghfd

Winger

weather is set fair again

An added bit of spice is that England will move to world rank number 1 with another win

buttler is definitely not playing

bairstow
banton
malan
morgan?
billings
moeen
curran t
jordan
rashid
archer
wood

if Morgan is out, denly would appear the only replacement, left in the named squad

next question with Morgan possibly and buttler definitely out, who becomes captain?

most experience

moeen, bairstow

malan, jordan

That middle order of Denly, Billings and Ali must be the worst we’ve put out in quite some time if Morgan doesn’t play.

Smart money must be on the Aussies.

Middle order looks weak. Wonder if Aussies will make any changes, Labuschagne hit a 100 in one of their warm up matches, surprised he hasn't featured yet

Ali has looked unreal last 2 games mind
I'll be the first pedant to jump in, he scored 2 and bowled one over for 9 in the first T20 vs Australia ;) But hopefully the two innings either side of that represent a return to form. Looks like Morgan doesn't trust his bowling at the moment though so he needs to start firing consistently as a batsman.

I'll be the first pedant to jump in, he scored 2 and bowled one over for 9 in the first T20 vs Australia ;) But hopefully the two innings either side of that represent a return to form. Looks like Morgan doesn't trust his bowling at the moment though so he needs to start firing consistently as a batsman.

Aye not sure why he isn't bowling

even took a wicket 1st ball, seems strange

was meaning his batting, looks back to his best

he will always have troughs but he is worth sticking with, there is nobody remotely as talented to fill his role

Who do we think will captain assuming Morgan pulls out?

moeen?
He was vice captain Vs Pakistan and captained one of the warm up teams so I expect so. Only other experienced option is Bairstow so unless they go left field and see someone like Salt or Banton as a future captain it will be Mo.

Middle order looks weak. Wonder if Aussies will make any changes, Labuschagne hit a 100 in one of their warm up matches, surprised he hasn't featured yet
Because he's only scored 97 runs in official T20 matches. Plus Smith is in the role of bat the innings for them so be losing one of their power hitters with more pedigree

But he have gone from a modest player to excelling in tests and ODIs so far. So for him to score more runs than his T20 career in one innings is about par for the course for his past year.

Because he's only scored 97 runs in official T20 matches. Plus Smith is in the role of bat the innings for them so be losing one of their power hitters with more pedigree

But he have gone from a modest player to excelling in tests and ODIs so far. So for him to score more runs than his T20 career in one innings is about par for the course for his past year.

Yeah bit of a gamble but as you say he's having a golden patch at the moment thought they might have played him. Probably only Stoinis he could replace mind

I’m not at all convinced with Moeen right now. They clearly don’t trust him to bowl, and there is no way he is one of the 6th best batters on current form (over the last few years)

The bowling is weird as I really think he can be handy

he is like. name a better number 6?

stoinis is terrible
Ali is one of the best one day players in the country like every time he goes back to county cricket he stands out a mile

the fact Billings and Denly are in the squad shows you that

Last edited:
he is like. name a better number 6?

stoinis is terrible
Ali is one of the best one day players in the country like every time he goes back to county cricket he stands out a mile

the fact Billings and Denly are in the squad shows you that
I dunno why you've quoted me in that post.

He's certainly not terrible just not able to recreate his domestic ability internationally just look at Chris Lynn for the aussies. Mind he averages 33 in ODI where he bats lower down.

He opens for the Melbourne stars. Problem for international sides is that the best batsman in T20 domestically tend to open.

Aussies have 4 openers in their side we have 5.
Denly opens domestically too. Not sure about billings

Last edited:
Nice to finally have a game on a day where I'm not working, alas I'm out with Brentford bird tomorrow so I'll try and follow it from the pub :lol:

I reckon the Aussies are a batsman light, Agar probably in one spot too high but they haven't got a good enough all rounder.

Aye not sure why he isn't bowling

even took a wicket 1st ball, seems strange

was meaning his batting, looks back to his best

he will always have troughs but he is worth sticking with, there is nobody remotely as talented to fill his role

Sorry but nobody talented enough to bat and bowl 1-2 overs of off spin? Does our test captain not fit that mould perfectly?
I reckon the Aussies are a batsman light, Agar probably in one spot too high but they haven't got a good enough all rounder.

You really shouldn’t be getting to number 7 often in T20 so it isn’t really an issue. I think Cummins should be in before agar mind but that’s a separate discussion. A strong top 6 is all you need and they definitely have that

Last edited:

Back