England v Australia 2nd ODI 13/9/20 starts at 1pm

Nice to see Roy looking decent as well... massive shame that he got out the way he did. Really think he would have pushed on a bit.

Perfectly timed collapse, he'd barely finished saying how good Australia have been when Labuschane was out :lol:
The bloke is the cricketing version of Chemical/Comical Ali - there is no situation where he doesn't think Australia will win
Can’t wait for Wednesday
Our batters need to step up - the top 5 aren't contributing as a unit. Not like they did last year anyway. Bairstow is the only one to have made any sort of score in the first 2 ODIs

Last edited:
I hope the young uns in the team learn from Morgan for the future, too many times we’ve had a good bunch of players and not created a legacy, in contrast to the Aussies.

The bloke is the cricketing version of Chemical/Comical Ali - there is no situation where he doesn't think Australia will win

Our batters need to step up - the top 5 aren't contributing as a unit. Not like they did last year anyway. Bairstow is the only one to have made any sort of score in the first 2 ODIs

Slow low pitches have always been this units weakness and they don’t seem to have the brains to work out how to get a score on them. Something we really need to work on so I applaud Morgan for asking for such pitches for us to practice on - easy for us to just ignore the problem and batter our way to 450 on flat tracks then lose at the World Cup in India which will undoubtedly be slow (different format but same problem). Stokes was the only one that seemed to work it out in the World Cup final as well, which wasn’t dissimilar.

Whats your point? It was very poor at that point and condemned by everyone. The pitch changed and the combination of tailenders and the slowness suited the Curran’s - they’ll still get carted around the place on many pitches.

And the runout chances massively did cost us early on. If we’d have taken either finch, Labuschagne or both when we had relatively very simple run out chances (particularly the second one) then maybe we wouldn’t have needed the miracle at the end to save the game. To miss runouts on both in single figures and for them to make 70 and 50 respectively will cost you games more often than not.

Whats your point? It was very poor at that point and condemned by everyone. The pitch changed and the combination of tailenders and the slowness suited the Curran’s - they’ll still get carted around the place on many pitches.

And the runout chances massively did cost us early on. If we’d have taken either finch, Labuschagne or both when we had relatively very simple run out chances (particularly the second one) then maybe we wouldn’t have needed the miracle at the end to save the game. To miss runouts on both in single figures and for them to make 70 and 50 respectively will cost you games more often than not.
Everything you said in that post was rubbish.
Non threatening currans did alright with 3 wickets conceding very little.
Rashid coming on at the end getting the last wicket.
Seems like good captaincy and selection to me.

Especially given that the Currans were picked because we expected the pitch to do what it did and wanted them to take pace off. I'm sure we didn't expect the game to pan out exactly like it did but the selection on that basis was completely justified.

I have just caught up with the highlights. At 123-2 I got in a huff and went out for a walk with the dog and then did a Terry and Bob (just in case).
So you can thank me for an incredible win.

Slow low pitches have always been this units weakness and they don’t seem to have the brains to work out how to get a score on them. Something we really need to work on so I applaud Morgan for asking for such pitches for us to practice on - easy for us to just ignore the problem and batter our way to 450 on flat tracks then lose at the World Cup in India which will undoubtedly be slow (different format but same problem). Stokes was the only one that seemed to work it out in the World Cup final as well, which wasn’t dissimilar.

Buttler worked it out better than anyone that day scoring at a run a ball

Yes because Rashid was a massive threat all game. And Curran One took 0 wickets. Moronic post.
Buttler worked it out better than anyone that day scoring at a run a ball

Yes he did also, should have included him too.

Back