England v Australia 1st ODI 11/9/20 1pm start

Take some risks. Taking singles from the first ball of the over, no turn over of strike, overs 43-47 and 35-38 were embarassing by him
When he was the only batter he really needs to try keep strike archer couldn’t hit fuck all swinging at fresh air, if think if JB stayed in we won for me as could have had two batsmen at each end

His innings wasn't the issue today.

Of course it was didn’t try to win from 63 from 36 needed. At that stage of the game it doesn’t matter what happened before, you try your best to win it. To finish 17 runs off is quite embarassing from that stage. Taking singles to get the hundred instead of winning is unprofessional and Morgan will tear him a new one, just like when Malan hit 100* against New Zealand and refused the run

Of course it was didn’t try to win from 63 from 36 needed. At that stage of the game it doesn’t matter what happened before, you try your best to win it. To finish 17 runs off is quite embarassing from that stage. Taking singles to get the hundred instead of winning is unprofessional and Morgan will tear him a new one, just like when Malan hit 100* against New Zealand and refused the run
Mate, it looks like he’s banned. He’s not gonna bite

When he was the only batter he really needs to try keep strike archer couldn’t hit fuck all swinging at fresh air, if think if JB stayed in we won for me as could have had two batsmen at each end

Exavtly. Don’t think Buttler would have been running singles at 63 from 36 with Jof at the other end. That isn’t how you manage a run chase

He should have just scored 6 like Moeen.

Root, Roy and buttler scored 5 between. Therein lies where any blame for defeat must sit

People make mistakes, every player we have will do it at some point.
But to not even try is worse, if he had got out on 99 caught on the boundary swinging for a 6 to try and win he would have won my admiration.
Tightening up till he got his personal victory leaves me stone cold.

Just my personal feeling like.

Last edited:
Did well to make that appear respectable. Can't be losing nine wickets and only have two batsmen getting a decent knock and expect to win unfortunately.

People make mistakes, every player we have will do it at some point.
But to not even try is worse, if he had got out on 99 caught on the boundary swinging for a 6 to try and win he would have won my admiration.
Tightening up till he got his personal victory leaves me stone cold.

Yes, this exactly. In Morgan’s team you’ll fail sometimes as a batsman. And the lads who got out all made massive contributions to us winning a World Cup, so they get plenty of slack from me. Billings has no credit in the bank and to not even try is unprofessional

The bloke who got a run a ball hundred wasn't the issue when we went at 2.2 in the power play.

I know you like go over the top and exaggerate, but you're fighting the wrong battle with that performance today.

Root, Roy and buttler scored 5 between. Therein lies where any blame for defeat must sit

Elements of that. Buttler certainly could have been more patient, Roy was coming in cold, Root's ODI job is to get in, stay in and anchor things.

All nine England wickets were out caught but only one caught behind. That tells a story as well.

Aye, scoring 118 wasn’t even trying :lol:

Give it up

Hitting singles from the first ball of the 48th over is trying?
The bloke who got a run a ball hundred wasn't the issue when we went at 2.2 in the power play.

I know you like go over the top and exaggerate, but you're fighting the wrong battle with that performance today.

Run a ball doesn’t win games when you come in needing 7 an over

Back