England T20 side confirms Pakistan tour in October 2021

Might be up for it. Depends what other tours are in place next winter. A few days in Karachi then on to India for England's opener if it's feasible.

Might be up for it. Depends what other tours are in place next winter. A few days in Karachi then on to India for England's opener if it's feasible.

I’m going if normality is back, saving money now for next year

what you mean on to India though? That’s this winter, or you mean the World Cup?

Reality is that very few will do, because 1) the lack of drinking 2) security 3) it’s only two T20s

it’s a country I’ve wanted to go to for a while, so will look at it

never though about the drinking thing. Might mean it’s better

I have an image of a packed house but maybe the reality would he different

never though about the drinking thing. Might mean it’s better

I have an image of a packed house but maybe the reality would he different

I’ve not been but apparently the hotels are mostly good for a drink so there’s still a good social side. George/ Poledancer’s DIY pub he did in Bangladesh in 2010 (where the hotels didn’t have drink and he had to arrange for imported lager) has gone down in England fan folklore from those who went.

I think the Ashes next winter will be ridiculously popular as SA was class (giving the people the taste for it) and there’s nigh on two years of pent up demand going into it.

If there’s no fans allowed to that due to nervousness on incoming tourists from the Aussie government then West Indies March/ April ‘22 will be ridiculous. The tourism boards there will be doing somersaults.

I’ve not been but apparently the hotels are mostly good for a drink so there’s still a good social side. George/ Poledancer’s DIY pub he did in Bangladesh in 2010 (where the hotels didn’t have drink and he had to arrange for imported lager) has gone down in England fan folklore from those who went.

I think the Ashes next winter will be ridiculously popular as SA was class (giving the people the taste for it) and there’s nigh on two years of pent up demand going into it.

If there’s no fans allowed to that due to nervousness on incoming tourists from the Aussie government then West Indies March/ April ‘22 will be ridiculous. The tourism boards there will be doing somersaults.

Aye that very true

Australia will take no risks and be among the last countries to open borders in my opinion

remember there is a huge expat community there and in NZ so they might just think that will be enough fans for them

I’m very doubtful of that tour still

although none of us are scientists like who knows what the next year will bring!

So gutting about this winter, had fully planned on India and South Africa again, had saved the money, was in Thailand awaiting a flight to Sri Lanka when that tour was cancelled too!

just shows, make the most of it and go as much as you can when you have the chance

Problem with the WI is your flight options are pretty limited.

My memory says the internals are really bad if you try and do two tests too (as we plan to). Just hope they do somewhere other than Jamaica or Antigua as they both sound dodgy.

Lost Thomas Cook flights which makes options even less.

I'd only be interested in Georgetown or Port-of-Spain tbh. Would be nice to tick off the only test venue in South America.

Lost Thomas Cook flights which makes options even less.

I'd only be interested in Georgetown or Port-of-Spain tbh. Would be nice to tick off the only test venue in South America.

I reckon market forces will mean some entrepreneur will fill that hole like. Demand for holidays will go berserk when this ends.

There’s another island (that slips my name) that’s been touted. Not a traditional one.

Foreign Office will be dead against trips there, be interesting to see how many of you make it!
A lad I know went there late last year to visit family, he's got a British passport and as far as I know he didn't have to do anything special to get a visa or entry. I appreciate a bunch of cricket fans will draw attention so you'd have to be discreet.

I went to Ecuador last year when the foreign office were advising you not to, you just need to look at the small print to see if that invalidates your insurance, some do, some don't. It's not like there's someone at passport control who'll send you back.

Still though, it's up to the individual to take the risk they're comfortable with.
A lad I know went there late last year to visit family, he's got a British passport and as far as I know he didn't have to do anything special to get a visa or entry. I appreciate a bunch of cricket fans will draw attention so you'd have to be discreet.

I went to Ecuador last year when the foreign office were advising you not to, you just need to look at the small print to see if that invalidates your insurance, some do, some don't. It's not like there's someone at passport control who'll send you back.

Still though, it's up to the individual to take the risk they're comfortable with.
Ran out of time to edit. I just had a look at the foreign office advice and there are areas they say don't travel to, areas they say only essential travel to but ignoring the "don't go anywhere else in Pakistan because of covid" it looks like they don't advise to avoid the whole country. It actually includes the following:
"In recent years, the security situation in Pakistan has improved considerably following action by the Pakistan government and security forces. In 2018, there were an estimated 484,000 visits by British nationals to Pakistan. Most visits are trouble-free." So it's almost as if they're trying to reassure people to go. I'm sure closer to the games they'll update the advice as it will present a bigger target than a few people on holiday.

Last edited:
I reckon market forces will mean some entrepreneur will fill that hole like. Demand for holidays will go berserk when this ends.

There’s another island (that slips my name) that’s been touted. Not a traditional one.

Barbados will get one cos they have thousands of hotel rooms and the most flights. Pointless having one against us in somewhere like Dominica where there's very few places to stay and very few flights.

Ran out of time to edit. I just had a look at the foreign office advice and there are areas they say don't travel to, areas they say only essential travel to but ignoring the "don't go anywhere else in Pakistan because of covid" it looks like they don't advise to avoid the whole country. It actually includes the following:
"In recent years, the security situation in Pakistan has improved considerably following action by the Pakistan government and security forces. In 2018, there were an estimated 484,000 visits by British nationals to Pakistan. Most visits are trouble-free." So it's almost as if they're trying to reassure people to go. I'm sure closer to the games they'll update the advice as it will present a bigger target than a few people on holiday.

I'd hazard a guess the vast majority of those 484k visitors were British nationals of Pakistani descent. I'd guess you'd have to be on your toes a bit more if you were of white European extraction.

Barbados will get one cos they have thousands of hotel rooms and the most flights. Pointless having one against us in somewhere like Dominica where there's very few places to stay and very few flights.

I'd hazard a guess the vast majority of those 484k visitors were British nationals of Pakistani descent. I'd guess you'd have to be on your toes a bit more if you were of white European extraction.
For sure, you'd have to be more careful than in India for instance but I don't think it's the complete no go it might have been 5/10 years ago.

For sure, you'd have to be more careful than in India for instance but I don't think it's the complete no go it might have been 5/10 years ago.

Aye, few thousand white western cricket fans likely to cause some attention like

what attracts me to this is it won't be be a magnet for the barmy army types, who aren't really my cup of team tbh, although I appreciate the role they play

Wouldn’t go there at the moment
Pakistan used to be quite free and open and also had women leaders.
At the moment however it seems to be verging on turning into a closed Islamic state with minorities persecuted and marginalised with their human rights abused.
Imran Khan appears to have disavowed his previous western influences and is now giving a lot more influence and credence to the mad mullahs and the Islamic religious secret police and other extreme Islamic ideologies.

Back