England Squad

Status
Not open for further replies.

They'll both start or be called on for the senior team in qualifiers, why would they play for the U21s instead?

Exactly. Both have been involved with the senior team this season. I'm not sure it would send the right message if the players who were involved in qualifying for the U21 tournament were dropped in favour of bigger names.

Very surprised Defoe made it. His form has been poor for months and he also missed our last game with an 'injury' - clearly he's made a remarkable recovery! The country must have better options than a 35 year old to pick.....as good as he once was.

As for Pickford - he's playing a tournament rather than being in a National Squad he has no chance of getting a game from.

They'll both start or be called on for the senior team in qualifiers, why would they play for the U21s instead?

Fair enough play them in the qualifier against Scotland, which i assume is before the under 21 tournament, but then send them off to play in under 21s, try and help to build some cohesion whith thoughs who will get promoted up in next few years.

Fair enough play them in the qualifier against Scotland, which i assume is before the under 21 tournament, but then send them off to play in under 21s, try and help to build some cohesion whith thoughs who will get promoted up in next few years.
And then next summer when they look knackered at the World Cup from playing 100 games over 2 years with no summer break we'll all be grateful that they got to play in a pointless youth tournament

Barkley has 5 goals and 8 assists, I wonder will shite like Livermore, Chamberlain and Lingaard be picked ahead of him if he's running around in a Spurs/Man City shirt next season? Highly doubt it although they never play him anyway so no loss for Ross really.

Barkley has 5 goals and 8 assists, I wonder will shite like Livermore, Chamberlain and Lingaard be picked ahead of him if he's running around in a Spurs/Man City shirt next season? Highly doubt it although they never play him anyway so no loss for Ross really.
BBC article said Barkley is injured

Other than Dier, who could end up playing as part of a back 3, Livermore is the only other defensive midfielder. Seems to be a dearth of talent in that position, have we really got no one else who can play there?

4 keepers but no Pickford :lol::lol:

Defoe straight in for leaving us, stuff like this is why I feel practically no connection to the national side.

What you talking about he was picked while playing for us, what do want the England manager to do pick several players from a team who finished bottom of the league.

Of course Defoe still actually plays for us and started the last game whilst playing for us, and Pickford will be starting for the U21s in the Euros instead of sitting on the bench, but don't let that get in the way of a good rant about England ;)

I know it happens every time a England squad is picked even when no substance to it whatsoever

Last edited:
Almost all of those players could have been picked up from lower league teams for fees around what we paid for the likes of Fletcher and Graham......Scouting eh? :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back