England Squad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's had a dreadful season playing in Italy, (he's even admitted it himself) and you are saying he's the best English goalkeeper we've got at the moment ?

I think jack Butland is England's best goalkeeper. Hart has played very well for England this season though. I don't know why he wouldn't be in the squad. He's experienced, good character and captained the team in Germany (I think)

I think jack Butland is England's best goalkeeper. Hart has played very well for England this season though
so are you then saying that just because he's played well in a poor qualifying group he should then go to the world cup even though he's not the best keeper in your opinion ?

So it looks like Defoe doesnt need to leave Sunderland (he hasnt left yet) to keep his place in the England squad. Meanwhile sitting on the bench for the biggest team in the country doesnt guarantee you a place in the squad even if you are Englands top goalscorer.

Maybe Defoe needs to reassess his options for next season. Maybe he would be no worse off sticking with us and as long as he scores a boatload he will be picked?
130k a week at Bournemouth for 3 years?

He's gone pal.

No one mentioned Cresswell yet....even west ham fans are shocked. Think Chilwell should be called up future England left back for years to come.

When Hull played Palace McGuire went off with what looked like it might be a bad knee injury (though for all I know he played last week)

Maguire wasn't involved against Spurs. thephysioroom.com has him with a June 1st return date.

No one mentioned Cresswell yet....even west ham fans are shocked. Think Chilwell should be called up future England left back for years to come.

Had it not been for the U21 tournament, I tihnk Chilwell might have got a call up. Currently, Rose and Bertrand are our best two left backs, however.

Last edited:
Well done Southgate, for having the balls to drop Rooney, i actually like the look of the names on that list, nice to see Trippier and Cresswell given the nod as well

The England U21 squad for Euros is to be announced soon. It would be better for him to play in a tournament rather than warm the bench.

Why? Scott Brown is just a poor man's Lee Cattermole. Defoe has done nothing wrong.

Southgate has called up 2 Sunderland players since taken over. But aye there's a southern bias against us.:rolleyes:

He plays for England, isn't that enough....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back