England (May test matches)

Status
Not open for further replies.

essex boy

Striker
It is an absolute disgarace that the ECB are ripping fans off by playing 'pointless' test matches in the wind and rain in three test series against test also rans when the IPL is being played.

None of the English batsman are competent on Asian wickets and they should ALL be trucked out to the IPL to improve and get experience of playing against high quality bowlers on asian tracks.

Best team in the world, do me a favour, not until the english batsman improve their techniques and thought processes

Last edited:

http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/433603.html

Since this world cup pasting in India to Sri Lanka where Strauss batting against spin resembled a 'clubbie' what remedy have the England management come up with.....

- still dont let batsman go to the IPL
- replaced Strauss as captain with Cook who wasnt deemed good enough at the time of the w/c
- been pasted in India 5-0

When are we ever going to learn.

Can you please tell me which of the IPL teams will pick Strauss for a T20 game? He wouldn't get in Middlesex's team.

I agree that playing more on those wickets will improve them as Batsmen but saying that playing IPL will improve your game for a test match is laughable.

Can you please tell me which of the IPL teams will pick Strauss for a T20 game? He wouldn't get in Middlesex's team.

I agree that playing more on those wickets will improve them as Batsmen but saying that playing IPL will improve your game for a test match is laughable.

new franchise - Houghton (pronounced Howton) Howkers!!!

OK.

Ian Bell? Matt Prior?

The vast majority of our batsman need to be playing IPL

The principle of being able to work the ball into gaps, create angles and learning to use all the crease dont change

OK.

Ian Bell? Matt Prior?

The vast majority of our batsman need to be playing IPL

The principle of being able to work the ball into gaps, create angles and learning to use all the crease dont change

I think he would probably be better off playing 4/5 day cricket in some random country than playing IPL cricket.

It is an absolute disgarace that the ECB are ripping fans off by playing 'pointless' test matches in the wind and rain in three test series against test also rans when the IPL is being played.

None of the English batsman are competent on Asian wickets and they should ALL be trucked out to the IPL to improve and get experience of playing against high quality bowlers on asian tracks.

Best team in the world, do me a favour, not until the english batsman improve their techniques and thought processes

Ive no real argument against test matches in May being unproductive but again its not really down to 'wind and rain and greentops' - Just look at the records not just in test but in County Cricket and theres shedloads of runs to be made on generally flat pitches in May.

The real issue too often is the standard of opposition in the home tests in early season.

Good article by an excellent writer but its a bit of a giant leap to say 20/20 made David Warner a great test cricketer. Firstly hes just starting off and its one thing smashing an Indian attack all over the shop at Perth and having the technique to be able to score runs on slow turning tracks or conditions that favour swing and seam.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back