England Lions vs Sri Lanka

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bopara bats a lot more in the top 4 than Morgan who is 5-6

That could be an advantage to Morgan though as it should mean he's more used to the role a number 6 would play.

I think he's perfect for the role tbh, you need a number 6 to be able to take the game away from the opposition at times and score quickly, and also be able to dig in and run between the wickets well when backs are against the wall, Morgan is capable of all of this.

how long would peopel give it before giving taylor a call up

Depends if he puts his name down or not. Might have to see his nanna instead so has put his name down as a maybe for the Sri Lanka tour, Straussy's not happy like.

Morgan would get the nod over Bopara if it was my choice but I can still see the selectors going for Bopara as he offers another bowling option, albeit not a very good one.

If we go with 6 batsmen, as seems to be the preferred option at the moment, there's not a lot of bowling in the top 5 (Strauss, Cook, Trott, KP and Bell) so that would put a lot of pressure on Anderson, Broad, Swann and whoever gets the 4th bowling spot.

It's probably best, as Breen Machine suggested earlier, to play with only 5 batsmen and draft in an extra bowler who can bat a bit. Bresnan would be the obvious choice when fit but I suppose Woakes is possibly the next best.

However, that raises the problem of which batsman gets dropped (Bell?) unless of course, they decide not to select either Morgan or Bopara.

tour games illustrate nothing
bopara has had an opportunity to cement a place and but for his bowling, i think morgan would be miles ahead of him, for a test place.

all to be seen, but i will be surprised if morgan is not batting in the first test

I know Bumble can be a bit mad sumtimes, but his article on skysports, is suggesting that KP will be left out of the Sri Lanka series allowing both morgan and bopara too play:confused:

I know Bumble can be a bit mad sumtimes, but his article on skysports, is suggesting that KP will be left out of the Sri Lanka series allowing both morgan and bopara too play:confused:

It's possible given that he's only played 2 games since returning from the injury that sent him home from the World Cup. The selectors may want him to have an extended rehab period and have a straight shoot-out between Bopara and Morgan for the vacant space for the India series.

could be correct. pietersen just back from an operation, so needs a few games.

murali, malinga, vaas, jayasuria seems just a little better than the attack England will face now...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back