England: Is this not where they want to be?

Exactly right, but a 0-0 draw v czech, although the best result, just needs a late winner from them and a winner in the other game and we're third place
Head to head with teams tied on points is the first decider, so we can't finish below Croatia now. Scotland could overtake us if they overcome the goal difference or goals scored.

I agree but the sudden drop in form of Croatia after the draw was secured and England defending a no score draw seems to make it possible that is what is happening, which in turn makes the last match of the round an interesting affair
Ooooh I do love a good affair

England arnt that clever imo….and as usual ( whether its football, rugby or whatever ) the Scots were more “up for it” than our posing twats…..Philips the “Yorkshire Pirlo” ?…..no better than Jack “Ginger Pirlo” Colback….Rice ?…no better than Declan Donolly….

England arnt that clever imo….and as usual ( whether its football, rugby or whatever ) the Scots were more “up for it” than our posing twats…..Philips the “Yorkshire Pirlo” ?…..no better than Jack “Ginger Pirlo” Colback….Rice ?…no better than Declan Donolly….
Do people actually call him the Yorkshire Pirlo?

Play France in the quarters coming second.
Top the group and avoid them til the final.
France will win that group so rather play Portugal or Germany last 16, instead of an easy last 16 then France in the quarters
I think I'd rather play France than Portgual first. I watched them in their warm ups and first games and Portgual look more likely to be able to go up a gear when required to me

I think I'd rather play France than Portgual first. I watched them in their warm ups and first games and Portgual look more likely to be able to go up a gear when required to me

You are right.
But to continue the analogy, England don't strike me as having any gears other than first, France start in 2nd gear, compared to us.
Would be nicer to catch Portugal or Germany also in 1st gear and hope we can match them.
Don't think we'd lay a glove on France. Other two we have a better chance
I think so…..or did i just read that on here ?
Dunno. I've never heard it before. Stylistically he's very different. Seems an unusal comparison imo.

Last edited:
You are right.
But to continue the analogy, England don't strike me as having any gears other than first, France start in 2nd gear, compared to us.
Would be nicer to catch Portugal or Germany also in 1st gear and hope we can match them.
Don't think we'd lay a glove on France. Other two we have a better chance
See, I think France play in a style more suited to us and a bit of attrition may prevail. I could just see us huff and puff against Portgual and them decide to hit us last 10 minutes

See, I think France play in a style more suited to us and a bit of attrition may prevail. I could just see us huff and puff against Portgual and them decide to hit us last 10 minutes
I don't think we've seen the best of either of them yet, Portugal maybe we've seen a little more of their game and it is frightening for sure but France don't seem to have broken a sweat yet

I don't think we've seen the best of either of them yet, Portugal maybe we've seen a little more of their game and it is frightening for sure but France don't seem to have broken a sweat yet
Completely agree. Portugal for me, if required have the beating of most though imo. Looking forward to the two of the playing each other I must say.

I think Germany would be harder than Portugal. They are the quintessential tournament team. The best record of anybody. Even when they are perceived to be weak they deliver a semi final.
Portugal remind me of England in that they always have good players, always look like being good but never deliver (2016 excepted).
Man for man we are probably a match for most teams.
Went off topic a bit.

In conclusion would rather not face France.

I think Germany would be harder than Portugal. They are the quintessential tournament team. The best record of anybody. Even when they are perceived to be weak they deliver a semi final.
Portugal remind me of England in that they always have good players, always look like being good but never deliver (2016 excepted).
Went off topic a bit.

no you're exactly on topic

if this was a strategy how does it play out etc

Went off topic a bit.

I still think we have the best squad in the tournament mate, if not the best XI, if that makes sense?

I've been watching a lot of football, but didn't they show him foreign commentary on him playing and they called him that? :lol:

we tend to nickname our players to those superstar foreigners who are much better than our lot
…seriously though….when was the last time an English / British player/midfielder controlled a game like Pirlo used to ?

Back