England: Is this not where they want to be?

CatRyan

Striker
people were asking if England should throw the game against the Czechs but sitting below Croatia by managing to protect a no score draw is this not where you want England to be?

the assumption was that the rivalry that means so much to the fans would mean the same to the team, it clearly didn't

I may be wrong and I haven't had time to fully think it through but it looked to me at the time that England were heavily defending a no score draw

going through as second is the best route right?

looked like Croatia and England were playing to that today

makes the last game of the round a spectacular

I just said summat a long them lines.however shouldnt try and manufacture a route as chance to bite u on the arse
I agree and the way Croatia played after securing a draw and the way England played with more men in the Scotland half for much of the game was not great to see, I hope I'm wrong and it is just coincidence

its more discreet than fielding an understrengh team in last game i guess..but very dodgy game to play and also not one i like.should always go for win imo.

makes for an interesting last game of the round, both at the same time, England and Croatia vying for second with Scotland and Czechs taking rude advantage to try and steal it

people were asking if England should throw the game against the Czechs but sitting below Croatia by managing to protect a no score draw is this not where you want England to be?

the assumption was that the rivalry that means so much to the fans would mean the same to the team, it clearly didn't

I may be wrong and I haven't had time to fully think it through but it looked to me at the time that England were heavily defending a no score draw

Exactly right, but a 0-0 draw v czech, although the best result, just needs a late winner from them and a winner in the other game and we're third place

Last edited:
It’s dangerous to assume what the “harder” route is going to be imo. Just play to win every game, get into good habits

I agree but the sudden drop in form of Croatia after the draw was secured and England defending a no score draw seems to make it possible that is what is happening, which in turn makes the last match of the round an interesting affair

Are you saying that some people are over reacting? 🤣

I thought they went for the win, Scotland defended well and played well overall.

2nd wouldn’t be a bad route though
Play France in the quarters coming second.
Top the group and avoid them til the final.
France will win that group so rather play Portugal or Germany last 16, instead of an easy last 16 then France in the quarters

Back