England in the West Indies

Problem being, though at home, the ICC control pitch conditions

Now imo, that won’t matter too much in the early games, but by the semis, that’s when the dust bowls and low pitches, play into the hands of India and Pakistan

Last two ICC Tournaments in England those two won them

Easy that, never in doubt

the key to the team is still Morgan and Root, if they get runs, we will always chase these totals

what did people think of Gayle's innings?

60 no balls like, don't think he helped his team at times
Scored slower than root, and Roy’ innings, despite the flash sixes

Easy that, never in doubt

the key to the team is still Morgan and Root, if they get runs, we will always chase these totals

what did people think of Gayle's innings?

60 no balls like, don't think he helped his team at times

I think getting off to a good start is more important. Takes the pressure of Root and Morgan a bit. Roy was MOTM without a doubt. Stokes a close second for his bowling contribution, shouldn't be overlooked.

I think getting off to a good start is more important. Takes the pressure of Root and Morgan a bit. Roy was MOTM without a doubt. Stokes a close second for his bowling contribution, shouldn't be overlooked.

Of course, I guess what I mean is, I really think Roy and Bairstow will do that, but maybe you are right, Root so reliable he can just do that

Maybe Morgan then, when he bats well we tend to win.

Its funny how its our highest ever chase and never didn't think we would win.

Problem being, though at home, the ICC control pitch conditions

Now imo, that won’t matter too much in the early games, but by the semis, that’s when the dust bowls and low pitches, play into the hands of India and Pakistan

Last two ICC Tournaments in England those two won them

Scored slower than root, and Roy’ innings, despite the flash sixes

Stokes almost most important as the 5th bowler and best fielder in this side. Woakes vital too.

So well balanced, the basic dilemma for selection is who shares the new ball with Woakes. Is it Willey if its swinging, the extra pace of Wood, or the new lad Archer.

You could still pick Wood or Archer, and then have the other doing the middle overs instead of Plunkett.

Last edited:
They have to try Roy in tests, they just have to, it may not work, but he is too big of a talent not to give him 6 or 7 tests to see if it works

I guess the issue is he would be better at say 5, but I'd give him ago at 3

Very very short sighted not to have him in the Windies, I mean going in the ashes with a top 3 of Jennings/Burn/Denly, was never going to happen so why didn't they take another batsman?

Not sure whether I should go down this road again but personally it will mean nothing to me if we don't win the World Cup. Obviously others will disagree.

Such a bizarre view like

Its entertainment, I am not that arsed if we win the world, although it would be nice

Its like saying winning in Sri Lanka or South Africa is worthless if we don't win the Ashes.

Third highest run chase of all time. Thought the Windies looked a few away from where they needed to be at the halfway, shame that their innings drifted away as that could have been a great chase if they got closer to 400 as it looked at one point. Pitch was rather poor though, pretty easy to score and hit through the line.

Good going forward though, can't not be excited watching a team like this, especially with Willey and Archer as the immediate options to replace Wood depending on the pitch. May be that Archer is more of a threat to Plunkett though than Wood.

Third highest run chase of all time. Thought the Windies looked a few away from where they needed to be at the halfway, shame that their innings drifted away as that could have been a great chase if they got closer to 400 as it looked at one point. Pitch was rather poor though, pretty easy to score and hit through the line.

Good going forward though, can't not be excited watching a team like this, especially with Willey and Archer as the immediate options to replace Wood depending on the pitch. May be that Archer is more of a threat to Plunkett though than Wood.

Still think people need to hold back on Archer a bit, he looks decent, but who knows how he will do consistently.

Mitchell Johnson has always bowled fast for example, but for a few years he was useless

Back