England in the West Indies

Said everyones making a big deal of the gay slur, stuff gets said in the heat of battle during international cricket & its all forgotten about afterwards so people shouldnt be doing their nut. Basically.

Which twitter then rightly or wrongly translated as him being/condoning homophobia.

Then he turned on that Lydia Jane wife saying she knows fuck all as shes never played, was giving it the biggun about no one else could comment as he was an international cricketer they arent etc :lol:
He’s right.

He’s right.

I think that would be the mindset of most in our generation. As the generations above us might have a certain mindset towards race, our generation is more tolerant and more careful of the language we use and so it goes on. I work in a school where difference is celebrated and the type of homophobic language that would have been passed off as banter years ago is now strongly challenged. As each year goes by the language used by Gabriel will become less acceptable whatever the context.

Graeme Fowler was arrogant last night on Twitter and rightly got brought down by cricket fans. He claims it was in the heat of the moment stuff .... Joe Root’s comment back made Shannon Gabrielle look stupid.

Fowler’s attitude was that of a dinosaur.

Let’s face it - if Shannon Gabrielle had brought up the illness of depression to laugh at, on the cricket square - he would have been really upset then.

Last edited:
Graeme Fowler was arrogant last night on Twitter and rightly got brought down by cricket fans. He claims it was in the heat of the moment stuff .... Joe Root’s comment back made Shannon Gabrielle look stupid.

Let’s face it - if Shannon Gabrielle had brought up the illness of depression to laugh at, on the cricket square - he would have been really upset then.

He is genuinely the most awful man in cricket Fowler, awful bloke in my experience

Met him couple times and he not my cup of tea.

Close shave.

Is exactly what the scruffy twat needs.

In homophobic news:

Twitter has gone into meltdown again tonight, whipped up by Aggers’ outrage over the punishment for Gabriel being due to ‘totting up’ of points rather than directly due to homophobic abuse.

Whilst it isn’t a popular opinion - I can understand their decision. I worry that virtue signalling is clouding people’s judgement unfortunately.

Last edited:
Not many people as self obsessed, rude & arrogant as him. Gives MH suffers a terrible name as hes just a huge wanker.

Ive no idea why so many kiss his arse on twitter, he’s horrid

Absolutely, so unpleasant to people, no need. he seems to get away with it because of his MH stuff.

So Root smiled at Gabriel, who said why are you smiling at me, do you like boys?

Its not that bad, tin hat on, time to move on

Last edited:
Gabriel said of an exchange that occurred on the third day of the Test that it had come "during a tense moment on the field".

"The pressure was on and England's captain Joe Root was looking at me intensely as I prepared to bowl, which may have been the usual psychological strategy with which all Test cricketers are familiar," he said.

"I recognise now that I was attempting to break through my own tension when I said to Joe Root: 'Why are you smiling? Do you like boys?'

"His response, which was picked up by the microphone was: 'Don't use it as an insult. There's nothing wrong with being gay'.

"I then responded: 'I have no issues with that, but you should stop smiling at me'."

Joseph is always smiling. Angel Gabriel is always not smiling. We're all different.

Plunkett getting carted around by a load of Barbadian students I see. Just as he was by the Sri Lankan in the couple of games he played there. He's finished. If Archer is drafted in for the world cup it has to be in place of him, as long as Wood stays fit.

Back