England in the West Indies

I miss Tony Cozier mind, was one of the very best.... Although fuck knows what he would have made of Gough and the rst of his thick head talksport bunch

Last edited:
Fuck the world cup. Fuck the random one dayers against these and Pak before that. Get them all back to their counties for pre season and all CC matches, learning how to bat again for the Ashes. Play the u19s in the world cup.

Not even joking
I'm over this little hissy fit now. Time to park Test cricket for a few months and let the world cup prep begin. :cool:

Life would be pretty dull if I pretended not to give a fuck about limited overs cricket since that's all there is for the next six months

I'm over this little hissy fit now. Time to park Test cricket for a few months and let the world cup prep begin. :cool:

Life would be pretty dull if I pretended not to give a fuck about limited overs cricket since that's all there is for the next six months

Yep. Had our arses handed to us, but were behind the eight ball from the off with the ludicrous line-up for the first test and a bad toss to lose second game. Jason Holder is a massively underrated player - outstanding leader, decent seamer and smashed 200 with the bat too. Think he'll go on to be a transformative figure for the West Indies, so good luck to him and to them.

Two real plus points from the series:

1) Moeen is a test quality spin-bowler now - this was his best ever series arguably. Whatever was asked of him - defence or attack - he had the control to do it. This is a huge boost for the side on seaming wickets.

2) Mark Wood demonstrating the importance of express pace. They have to get it now. Unless its ragging square, away from home we should be playing a genuinely quick bowler. There's a few worth looking at on the country circuit now - Brookes, Stone, Jamie Overton - although some of them are going through the stress fracture phase that seems to affect many fast bowlers. And of course there is Jofra Archer. Wood heads the pack, but we need a pacer now away from home. Surely they know that now?

But two major concerns for the Ashes:

1) What is the top order? The pressure is immense - you get people like Burns not playing their natural game. Not sure what Ramprakash is telling him about being "positive" but he needs to play his natural game. We are no nearer to knowing what the top three for England will be - I'm for Bairstow experiment or even a new Foakes experiment continuing up there (and for record: not up for Root at three), but whatever. We have no plan.

2) Pressure. Every time it's applied, we wilt. This is the real worry.

Roll on the summer.

Last edited:
Aye, hope the people on here saying Leach is better than him are giving their head a shake.

He's been absolutely brilliant this test - and is averaging 23 on pitches prepared for seam. There is no debate about England's number one spinner.

Sam Curran is a great competitor and will come again. But probably as a batting all-rounder, because at 5ft9 and sub 80mph, I'm afraid he's just not got the raw attributes to be a test class seamer. To pick him, on a bouncy deck, over our 6ft 6 seamer with 400 plus test wickets... I said it at the time, but that is the worst selection howler I can ever remember in all my time watching England. And I include the 90s!
He's quietly bowled very well since Saqlain has worked with him. His batting has gone to pot though :lol:

Yep. Had our arses handed to us, but were behind the eight ball from the off with the ludicrous line-up for the first test and a bad toss to lose second game. Jason Holder is a massively underrated player - outstanding leader, decent seamer and smashed 200 with the bat too. Think he'll go on to be a transformative figure for the West Indies, so good luck to him and to them.

Two real plus points from the series:

1) Moeen is a test quality spin-bowler now - this was his best ever series arguably. Whatever was asked of him - defence or attack - he had the control to do it. This is a huge boost for the side on seaming wickets.

2) Mark Wood demonstrating the importance of express pace. They have to get it now. Unless its ragging square, away from home we should be playing a genuinely quick bowler. There's a few worth looking at on the country circuit now - Brookes, Stone, Jamie Overton - although some of them are going through the stress fracture phase that seems to affect many fast bowlers. And of course there is Jofra Archer. Wood heads the pack, but we need a pacer now away from home. Surely they know that now?

But two major concerns for the Ashes:

1) What is the top order? The pressure is immense - you get people like Burns not playing their natural game. Not sure what Ramprakash is telling him about being "positive" but he needs to play his natural game. We are no nearer to knowing what the top three for England will be - I'm for Bairstow experiment or even a new Foakes experiment continuing up there (and for record: not up for Root at three), but whatever. We have no plan.

2) Pressure. Every time it's applied, we wilt. This is the real worry.

Roll on the summer.

I honestly don't agree yet! We have just seen one tremendous example of super quick aggressive bowling from Wood. Problem is I dont know whether hes a straight up and down 86-88mph that has it in his locker to bowl super quick now and again OR a super quick aggressive bowler who pace sometimes drops which is understandable and fine. I dont think the selectors know that either and his pace levels in the second innings will have done nothing to help. I f he can bowl the pace in he did in the first innings more often than not I would agree.

I honestly don't agree yet! We have just seen one tremendous example of super quick aggressive bowling from Wood. Problem is I dont know whether hes a straight up and down 86-88mph that has it in his locker to bowl super quick now and again OR a super quick aggressive bowler who pace sometimes drops which is understandable and fine. I dont think the selectors know that either and his pace levels in the second innings will have done nothing to help. I f he can bowl the pace in he did in the first innings more often than not I would agree.

I don't mean Wood per se, but that we need a 88mph plus bowler in the line up as the compliment to Stokes, Broad and Anderson.

Tbh, I expect it'll end up being Archer more than Wood for a few reasons. One, he has the option of being a more Broad like line/bounce bowler if it's/he is not that fast. Two, he can also handle a piece of willow, which the selectors love. But most of all: seems less injury prone. Wood heads the queue after that though.

Last edited:
Anyone following fowlers latest controversy.

Bloke cant help himself and whilst I can SORT of see what he’s saying, its good to see him get a battering on twitter for it because the bloke is a prize arsewipe

Anyone following fowlers latest controversy.

Bloke cant help himself and whilst I can SORT of see what he’s saying, its good to see him get a battering on twitter for it because the bloke is a prize arsewipe
What's the lancy twat said? His Twitter seems to be "for approved followers only"

What's the lancy twat said? His Twitter seems to be "for approved followers only"
Said everyones making a big deal of the gay slur, stuff gets said in the heat of battle during international cricket & its all forgotten about afterwards so people shouldnt be doing their nut. Basically.

Which twitter then rightly or wrongly translated as him being/condoning homophobia.

Then he turned on that Lydia Jane wife saying she knows fuck all as shes never played, was giving it the biggun about no one else could comment as he was an international cricketer they arent etc :lol:

Back