England in Sri Lanka Red Ball

What’s funny?

You said stokes is not a number 3 based on one innings

He would have faced spin if he was batting 3 or 6

And yes it’s spinning massively

You aren’t watching the game are you?

It's a test match in Asia. Of course its spinning.
Stokes is wasted at 3. What if he bowls 20 overs and then we lose an early wicket?

Rashid haters will go back to bashing Jennings

I see Compton has tweeted that Curran is a long time number 3

I know we can overdo stats. But in 48 first class games he averages 29. With no tons

Of course he is promising, but he’s never a test 3. Is he?

No.

Like Bairstow, Woakes, Foakes, Moeen etc etc, he's a good lower middle order batsman who plays too many loose strokes to bat session 1 against a new ball.

Last edited:
I mean generally, not this one. The Ashes are just round the corner.

Can’t be thinking that mate

We have 4 more tests in these conditions

Stokes will Bowl less

The reality in these conditions that if we want to play 3 spinners someone has to bat 3, or we drop Curran for another batsman

Can’t be thinking that mate

We have 4 more tests in these conditions

Stokes will Bowl less

The reality in these conditions that if we want to play 3 spinners someone has to bat 3, or we drop Curran for another batsman

Just think we need to get number 3 nailed down.
Still hope it works.

A sign of a true team player and best player in the team is to take up that mantle and solve it, which he is undoubtedly capable of doing it due to the fact even when batting at 4 he has been at the crease in first 10 overs anyway
Slightly overstating it. There have been many who have tried and failed, Ali being one.
Root ought to have a better chance than Ali because of his game.

The problem with such as Ali trying from his point of view is that if he gives it a go and fails he doesn't get the credit and he's in danger of being dropped. We ought to think of Modern as a bit of a hero, he's been shunted around the batting order so often it must put his head in a spin.

I see Stokes has been put in at three and it hasn't worked but maybe it could it they keep trying, maybe it will work eventually but maybe folk will just say Stokes is out of form he should be dropped and Bairstow given a chance.

No good answer available.

Back