Engineers of the SMB question

I could believe that. We bought a few of the crisp bag sized packs of buttons and counted to work out the average number of buttons per packet, before measuring. We were surprised to find each packet had exactly 100 buttons.
:lol:
If we did that in our house every packet would be found to contain no buttons at all.

Last edited:
If you have a vice put the said biscuit between two bits of wood the same size as the said biscuit.
Place that wood biscuit wood sandwich in the jaws of the said vice with your bathroom scales between one jaw and one piece of wood (you can add another piece of wood to protect the scales if you wish).
Turn the handle of the vice until the cookie crumbles taking note of the reading on the scales.

I am an engineer.
If he has a vice he should put his balls in it, the boring twat...;)

We had a daft conversion with the kids about how high you could build towers out of various food stuff. E.g. how many chocolate buttons piled up to reach the moon (127.5 billion we worked out).

On the subject of jammy dodgers you get the problem that once you add a certain weight, it would collapse. We set out to try and work out how much weight a jammy dodger could take by sticking one on the bench, putting a glass mat on the top and piling weights on top of that. As you would expect, the jam squashed quickly but we managed 30Kg with the biscuit still intact. When we took the mat of the top, it then crumbled. We had run out of weights.

Can anyone think of a way to measure the compressive strength of a jammy dodger? I do have a workshop vice I could use to crush one between two bits of wood, but that would not measure the force applied.

Back