Eng v Pakistan ODI Series

That'll kybosh it.;)

Wickets for International List A games are increasingly prepared for massive scores. TBH I'd much rather see a closer game with even balance of bat and ball, like we see in the RLC
It's been great watching England play like this but I don't think we need all pitches to be like this as it'll become normal and nothing special to watch. I'd much rather see a mixture of different pitches, some like this, others that favour the bowlers. At least this way the batsmen have to at least work out the pitch and what will be a good score. If we are going to have pitches like this the rules need to be changed back into the bowlers favour.

It's been great watching England play like this but I don't think we need all pitches to be like this as it'll become normal and nothing special to watch. I'd much rather see a mixture of different pitches, some like this, others that favour the bowlers. At least this way the batsmen have to at least work out the pitch and what will be a good score. If we are going to have pitches like this the rules need to be changed back into the bowlers favour.

I absolutely agree with you as a future plan, HOWEVER, we need the pitches to suit us as the home side this summer and the more doubt there is in this coming World Cup over bounce and carry etc, the more chance we have of being turned over - a la Pakistan in the Champions Trophy semi final.

A bad/tricky/indifferent pitch is a leveller. Our side is so well rounded with batsmen and bowlers that we should be favourites to beat anyone on a flat deck.

Bairstow 77* has scored just two singles on the offside :lol:

His other 75 runs have been legside!

Last edited:
I absolutely agree with you as a future plan, HOWEVER, we need the pitches to suit us as the home side this summer and the more doubt there is in this coming World Cup over bounce and carry etc, the more chance we have of being turned over - a la Pakistan in the Champions Trophy semi final.

A bad/tricky/indifferent pitch is a leveller. Our side is so well rounded with batsmen and bowlers that we should be favourites to beat anyone on a flat deck.

Bairstow 77* has scored just two singles on the offside :lol:

His other 75 runs have been legside!
I agree mate. I was meaning going forward, let's hope all the world cup pitches are like this.:lol:

Back