Energy suppliers going bust

Finally found out I've been moved to Shell

New unit rate is 21.5p

With Green it was 14p

Not sure how much thats going to increase my costs but it seems a lot!

Luckily I was about 180 in credit so should be able to take the hit for a couple of months and hopefully things die down and get a better deal.

Eon have announced a fixed price tariff for 2 years

Elec 31.29 p per unit
Sc 37.51
Gas 9.06 p per unit
Sc 37.17

This with the UC credit uplift being ditched is going to leave family’s around £200 a month worse off

Elec 31.29 p per unit
Sc 37.51
Gas 9.06 p per unit
Sc 37.17

This with the UC credit uplift being ditched is going to leave family’s around £200 a month worse off
Only a lunatic would sign up to that when the current capped variable is around 50% less.

Earlier (Friday I think) when you quoted what you had "just" signed up to with Sainsbury's, when was that mate? I ask because when I checked Sainsbury's today the amounts were at least double what you got.

Only a lunatic would sign up to that when the current capped variable is around 50% less.

Earlier (Friday I think) when you quoted what you had "just" signed up to with Sainsbury's, when was that mate? I ask because when I checked Sainsbury's today the amounts were at least double what you got.
Think it was about 3 weeks back luckily got in just before it’s gone mental

Just seen the new tariff prices. Same as the prices with eon I seen earlier

They're £60pa more than their current standard traffic tarrif so you can work it out roughly.

Just checked on MSE on the energy group and the octopus prices are

gas 3.9 and 26.1 standing charge
electric 20.1 and 26.45 standing charge

,my old avro account was

gas 2.96 and 17.85 standing charge
electric 16.1 and 17.85 standing charge

Pure Planet have said I can cancel my direct with them if I want.

It's due to be taken on 22nd. Should I cancel, any thoughts?

Elec 31.29 p per unit
Sc 37.51
Gas 9.06 p per unit
Sc 37.17

for comparison, I changed my deal with EON in July

Elec 17.539 p per unit
Sc 23.642
Gas 3.073 p per unit
Sc 23.768

Pure Planet have said I can cancel my direct with them if I want.

It's due to be taken on 22nd. Should I cancel, any thoughts?
As they’ve gone pop I’d say definitely cancel it. If you owe them, they’ll come looking for the money but you’re better off with it in your bank and them chasing you than it being in theirs and you’re chasing a bankrupt company for a refund.

As they’ve gone pop I’d say definitely cancel it. If you owe them, they’ll come looking for the money but you’re better off with it in your bank and them chasing you than it being in theirs and you’re chasing a bankrupt company for a refund.
That's what I thought. Cancel it is then. Cheers

Still not heard anything yet from EDF who are taking over my supply from Utility Point (who emailed me on 23rd September to say this).
Just shy of a month now , anyone else know what sort of timescale EDF are turning things round in ?

Back