Energy suppliers going bust

I have no idea what the DD will be, still waiting on the account to be set up. I dread what happens in April mind.

I have thought about if its possible to switch from the grid a bit like, its getting crazy the prices, need to get my son to jump on the bus and charge up all our phones to save money lol

Good luck,

I'm in a similar state of limbo, was with Utility point until they went into liquidation. Had a credit of 700 quid which i was trying to get back since April and they kept on missing payment deadlines. It will be there i suppose when i move to EDF but im dreading the tariff.

The way the wife leaves doors open, lights on and has the heating on when its not even cold will have my credit blitzed in a few days at this rate. Might get a nest installed just so i can switch the heating off from work.

I’m with shell now. I’ve worked it out and my dd will go up 32.3%. So looks like bill will go from £122 to £161 per month. Hopefully I’ll be pretty close with my figures.

It’s quite warm today imho, if the sun is out then our house warms up very quickly.

It’s a bit shite that we’re at the mercy of gas exporters.

Bunch of lefties predicted this would happen.

Anyone know what is a good rate for gas and elect then?

EDF offering me 27.48P KWH for elect and 7.867P for gas. Both come with daily service charges of 26.46P and 26.12P respectively.

EDF offering me 27.48P KWH for elect and 7.867P for gas. Both come with daily service charges of 26.46P and 26.12P respectively.
Electricity
New tariff
Unit rate
20.207p per kWh
Standing charge
17.11p per day (£62.44 per year)
Gas
New tariff
Unit rate
3.954p per kWh
Standing charge
18.31p per day (£66.85 per year)

Cheapest on compare the market. No direct switch available. It's with a company called the utility warehouse, no idea what they are like or how financially secure they are.

Electricity
New tariff
Unit rate
20.207p per kWh
Standing charge
17.11p per day (£62.44 per year)
Gas
New tariff
Unit rate
3.954p per kWh
Standing charge
18.31p per day (£66.85 per year)

Cheapest on compare the market. No direct switch available. It's with a company called the utility warehouse, no idea what they are like or how financially secure they are.
They're the cheapest now, finally. Their awful pyramid sellers have been claiming to be the cheapest for years, despite being more expensive.

I can see now why a lot of people prefer the traditional bigger companies, everything is great with smaller cheaper companies, until it isn't. Then you realise how small time and conning some of them can be.
That was my thoughts when looking for a fixed deal a while back. You might pay a bit more with one of the bigger suppliers but you’re also usually (not always) buying a bit peace of mind. I also am really glad I went for a 2 year fix even though it was a tiny bit more than a 12 month fix. Fuel bills are only going to go one way.

I can see now why a lot of people prefer the traditional bigger companies, everything is great with smaller cheaper companies, until it isn't. Then you realise how small time and conning some of them can be.
Utility warehouse aren't a big company, they're a small company who have always charged more so didn't go bust.

That can’t be right? I’ve just signed a two year deal around 19p kWh for elec and 3.75p kWh for gas sc around 25p a day for each fuel

What happened to putting solar panels on houses ?
The government stopped giving out the huge FITs so people stopped putting them on their houses. The prices are now only about 25-30% of what they used to be though so they're still worth it. If the government would start some gimmicky grant system again it would soon start up again.
Personally I'd rather go for a solar tile roof rather than the panels just for aesthetics and weight saving. I'm not convinced our roof could take the additional weight of the number of panels I want to put on so would be better to replace the tiles.
All new builds should be now being done with solar tiles.
We need to get to the stage whereby we don't need large power stations guzzling fossil fuels and replace it with all buildings generating their own plus a bit.
Sustainability is now old hat, we've already fucked the planet so it's pointless trying to sustain something that's already broken. Get used to hearing the word "Regenerative", putting back more than we take out to restore some of what has been lost.

Back