Energy suppliers going bust

Just been on the app to check my account with Bulb. All ship shape but noticed they don’t give you £50 for a referral anymore and it’s down to £2. 😂
Funnily enough I’ve just had a bizarre email from Bulb.

I went on my account as a result of this thread and checked balances etc. £500 in credit which is fine but then get an email almost straight away to say that according to my smart meter readings (I don’t have a smart meter) I’m not paying enough to cover winter usage so they are upping my payments by £10 a month to £131.

Last edited:

Are you able to login? Won't let me. Also I've not even had an email yet.
Same as people have said, it was through the app mate. The ‘homepage’ on it wasn’t working, but could screenshot my credit and latest meter reading. However, I couldn’t open my latest bill.
Champion. Still beggers belief that these companies can just close part of a business as it doesn’t suit them at the minute. Igloo are still trading in other areas of the business.

Keep an eye on this, shows who is taking over customers from the companies who have gone pop.. igloo should update soon.

Sure we’ll land on our feet with an expensive British Gas or an incompetent EDF….

Though essentially everyone is massively expensive. But I did swear never to use EDF again after having to take them to the ombudsman.

Last edited:
Just been on the app to check my account with Bulb. All ship shape but noticed they don’t give you £50 for a referral anymore and it’s down to £2. 😂

I went on my account as a result of this thread and checked balances etc. £500 in credit which is fine but then get an email almost straight away to say that according to my smart meter readings (I don’t have a smart meter) I’m not paying enough to cover winter usage so they are upping my payments by £10 a month to £131.
I had the same email from bulb, I was £612 in credit and they have calculated that my bill needs to go up by £56 to cover the cost of my monthly bills. I dropped my bill down to £100 a month or so back due to the surplus on the account so it would run that down a bit.

It's like they don't check the account balance when working out the new payments. I changed it back to the normal amount, cheeky fuckers.

I had the same email from bulb, I was £612 in credit and they have calculated that my bill needs to go up by £56 to cover the cost of my monthly bills. I dropped my bill down to £100 a month or so back due to the surplus on the account so it would run that down a bit.

It's like they don't check the account balance when working out the new payments. I changed it back to the normal amount, cheeky fuckers.

Typo, it needs to go up so they can pay their bills.

Let me refer you to Octopus and you get £50 as a reward (and me to too 😚😂)

Symbio have gone pop anarl. Just had the email through.
That's my electric gone as well now.

Rang Symbio last week as they replaced my smart meter in June but still hadn't updated my online account as it was still showing the old meter. Said they would request for it to be updated but may take 1-2 weeks to sort.

My bills are out of line as they put in an estimate for the old meter on my June bill which was 702kWh over the final reading. They then started putting estimated readings from my July bill for the new meter which still isn't showing registered on my online account. I thought the newest generation of smart meter sent the actual readings automatically.

Rang Symbio last week as they replaced my smart meter in June but still hadn't updated my online account as it was still showing the old meter. Said they would request for it to be updated but may take 1-2 weeks to sort.

My bills are out of line as they put in an estimate for the old meter on my June bill which was 702kWh over the final reading. They then started putting estimated readings from my July bill for the new meter which still isn't showing registered on my online account. I thought the newest generation of smart meter sent the actual readings automatically.
Symbio have given me some insane estimates, I’ve had about 3 months free due to them overestimating and the building management firm giving me readings as often as the planets align. Yeah smart meters are meant to. Hopefully we get put with octopus, I’ve been with them before and they were trouble free.

Sounds like it was never commissioned properly or the install was never fed back properly and they still think the old meter is onsite.

Living in China has beem a breath of fresh air for me. NOBODY worries about utility bills. England is a little c*nt sucking on the teat of the USA, which as even bigger more retarded g*nt. It's disgusting how the UK is a pussy to America and at the same time. Shafting it's population, which is exactly what the evil American governament has done for hundrefds of years inc. assasinating it's own preseidents! A truly evil government.

anyway Mr Fish. I get your point.

edit.. There is no incentive to get people off fossil fuels, it might seem like there is but there is not. Not while another 200 trillion of oil, gas, leaves, whatever is still for sale.
Yeah, the Chinese government never killed anyone :D

f***ing hell.

Let’s all move to China, it’s so great.

I’d rather just pay my bills tbf.

I've similar with another supplier. £300 credit and putting DD up over 50%! Struggling to get hold of them to sort

Can you not change the DD online? You can with Bulb on their app and website, others may be the same?
It’s probably a good idea to build up a bit of credit with your supplier at the moment because the government will open the floodgates soon and bills will double overnight.

Back