Energy suppliers going bust

AFAIK your credit is given to whoever is taking over the old (bust) companies customers by the regulator BUT only when the regulator has given and verified the amount which I was told could take 6 months FFS.

6 months ffs .... I need it now not in the summer when my bills drop by 2/3rds.
The whole point of building it up is to cover winter.

AFAIK your credit is given to whoever is taking over the old (bust) companies customers by the regulator BUT only when the regulator has given and verified the amount which I was told could take 6 months FFS.
Yeah I’ve read that on here. But Bulb haven’t gone bust and haven’t transferred out any customers, I think this was just a regular switch to a new provider.
EDF said it would transfer over and I was to do nothing

Yeah I’ve read that on here. But Bulb haven’t gone bust and haven’t transferred out any customers, I think this was just a regular switch to a new provider.
Aye, well if that is the case I'm pretty sure they are supposed to refund within 5 working days

It was Utility Point. Bulb was the supplier I had before. My mistake. It’s UP I’m waiting on refund from.

I’m with Bulb , politely refused their offer months ago to increase my payments on the basis I was in credit.

Last meter reading I was still £90 in credit but should go into debit by March ,I’ll not be increasing any payments at all regardless of how much they increase the price.

I’d rather owe them than try and obtain a refund later on.
Im now about £300 in debit, fuck topping it up or squaring it up yet - i can afford to pay that when it comes in, but i dont want to be in credit with them when they do eventually transfer it - will be a mare getting money back

Together Energy gone bust, Scottish energy company backed by Warrington Council.... They invested 18 million and then loaned them 20 million.... We were with them 4 yrs in total.... Signed a new deal in Sept for 25 months... All that bull shit in the contract about what happens if customer fails to pay etc.... I think my contract should be honoured via Ofgem cos we signed up for fixed rate and since prices gone through the roof.... Mind same thing will happen when Saudis send the mags their season ticket renewals!.... Council tax in Warrington will go up due to 40 million pound deficit

Last edited:
. I think my contract should be honoured via Ofgem

Sorry but 😂

Your contract was with Together Energy, sue them for breach of contract. Be happy any credit is protected. You can't expect the tax payer to honour a bad bargain on behalf of a defunct business.

To be fair I would be gutted too in your situation.

Last edited:
Together Energy gone bust, Scottish energy company backed by Warrington Council.... They invested 18 million and then loaned them 20 million.... We were with them 4 yrs in total.... Signed a new deal in Sept for 25 months... All that bull shit in the contract about what happens if customer fails to pay etc.... I think my contract should be honoured via Ofgem cos we signed up for fixed rate and since prices gone through the roof.... Mind same thing will happen when Saudis send the mags their season ticket renewals!.... Council tax in Warrington will go up due to 40 million pound deficit
My parents were with them.
Pain in the bloody arse.

I’ve just had an email to say my energy supplier, People’s Energy, has gone bust, along with 4 other suppliers this week alone. Looks like the reselling bubble has burst.

Have you been refunded for what was in your account?

I have not heard a thing from them.

Did it go to your current supplier or your bank account?
It's does eventually. I had to fight EDF for mine. Had been asking for for my refund for about 5 months off utility point and then EDF held on to it for about 5 months as well.

Had to threaten then with the ombudsman and I stopped paying. Told them I wasn't paying again until I got my refund. Bill was eye watering when I finally settled it mind. But my credit was 800.

I would chase them

Back