Energy suppliers going bust

It's does eventually. I had to fight EDF for mine. Had been asking for for my refund for about 5 months off utility point and then EDF held on to it for about 5 months as well.

Had to threaten then with the ombudsman and I stopped paying. Told them I wasn't paying again until I got my refund. Bill was eye watering when I finally settled it mind. But my credit was 800.

I would chase them

I think I was around £450 in credit.

I can't see anything on the British Gas website showing I have been given the missing funds.

I can't see anything on the British Gas website showing I have been given the missing funds.
What EDF said to me is that they wouldn't credit my account without my previous supplier's final bill. It might be that your old company hasn't sorted it out from their end?

if you have had your final bill I would be pushing the issue. The only thing EDF seemed to react to was the threat of the ombudsman. They took it quite seriously.

I'm with BG (not by choice) and got my refund around March this year, look on your bills, it says something like "refund from old supplier"

Back