Energy supplier recommendations.

Surprised at the amount of people that don't just use a comparison site still (for everything, not just energy).

Cheap Energy Club - Compare Gas & Electric and Save

I've recently been with bulb who were very easy to deal with. Ethical in that they are green as well as aligning with wholesale prices, so it's not all about massive profits. Recently moved to pure planet for similar reasons and they were cheapest with good customer service feedback when I was looking. App based and all good with them also.
Just moved from Bulb to purepla.net and its been a reet fanny on because the gas meter was changed just before I moved. Purepla.net say Bulb havent updated the national system, Bulb just wont answer my queries

Just moved from Bulb to purepla.net and its been a reet fanny on because the gas meter was changed just before I moved. Purepla.net say Bulb havent updated the national system, Bulb just wont answer my queries

I feel your pain. Whilst Bulb have been great for me so far, I ended up having to take NPower to the ombudsman when I moved from them.

I guess this is where most companies fall down - anything outside the norm and it can become painful. Hope you get it sorted soon.

Whoever you move to, make sure you provide regular monthly readings so that your bills are accurate.

A catch up bill after a few months of estimates can be a bit of a shock.

A bit obvious I know, but check your bills also, especially if you live in a block of flats. Meters get mixed up and you can end up paying for someone else's energy.

Okay time for a fresh look

Im with bulb and was with Ovo for many years. Just did my annual comparison via the Martin Lewis thingy and it is bringing many up with similar costs.

Anyone dealt with any of the following?

Green Network Energy
Yorkshire Energy
Gulf gas and power?

It looks like Utility point may be in a bit of trouble.

Here are my thoughts..

Stick with the Big 6. Too many of the small firms are bandits - fly by nights after a quick profit with dreadful customer service once they've signed you up.

The Big 6 prices are much of a much-ness in general but NEVER go onto their standard variable rate. Look for the fixed for 12, 18 or 24 months.

Was with bulb who were great but recently switched to octopus to get on their Go tariff, free EV charging overnight for 4 hours, for the first 8000kwh or 1st year,l.

Switched to sse from British gas , fixed for 2 years, cheaper then what I was paying BG and 100 quid cashback through Quidco.

Usually just alternate between those , depending whose got the better deal on. Always go through Quidco for utilities.

Back