Energy Prices - are they taking the piss???

Aye very true, I think I mean more I’m just grateful I’m not in the position of trying to find money for both.
I am surprised they haven't done a thing to help businesses with energy costs like. It's almost like they don't want to bring inflation down.
Your meters indoors? Shell fitted mine no prob at all.
Mine are both outdoors. Does that meant they won't have to do any engineering inside?

Aye, properly grim, doubly shit if you’re running an SME and you’ve got the worry both ends, mentally that must be tough,

They use SAP mate, and it’s absolutely shite, the only energy company using it half decent are BG and even that’s only because when they implemented they had that many problems they shut their call centres for a fortnight to get their issues sorted.

Others that have gone with it have been plagued with problems and continue to be.
The problem is that at least nPower staff knew how to operate the bits of SAP which fell under their remit, and no more. EDF staff have to learn the whole spectrum, and it's the most counter intuitive system I've ever used. It was horrendously difficult to do the simple things. I never managed to successfully set up a direct debit for a customer in the three months I worked there.

Special mention for how shite EDF are….
I got a clickbaity email 4 month ago UP YOUR PAYMENTS OR YOUR GONNA BE FUCKED

i upped them £20 pm and within 2 month the f***ing useless bastards forewarned they were gonna send me a £150 DD refund!!!!!!!

I messaged them
Saying DONT REFUND ME. A week later I get a reply “SorRy MaCKem Bj It Is ToO LaTe aNd Da reFyNd hAs GoNe THry”

I am surprised they haven't done a thing to help businesses with energy costs like. It's almost like they don't want to bring inflation down.

Mine are both outdoors. Does that meant they won't have to do any engineering inside?
Both my meters are outside, the engineers didn't come in the house apart from a couple of mins to switch on IHD which didn't and still doesn't work. They didn't create any mess at all.
I was at work when mine was fitted so my dad came round when he/she was here. The gas meter is in the porch up a height above the door and the electric meter upstairs up a height.
Mine are outside and easily accessible. Only faff was engineer didn't have acorrect tool for gas meter and had to get one.
With a 1p tax cut somebody on 20k a year will be £6 a month better off. Somebody on 40k, £22.
That's really going to make a difference, she is in lala land.

Last edited:
I’m one of the lucky ones at the minute as I fixed for 2 years last June.

Got the double whammy of end of fixed energy and end of fixed mortgage to come June 23.

Sky is going the distance. Probably one of Disney/Netflix as well.

I wasn’t Corbyn’s biggest fan but at least if he’d got in and dished out free broadband that might have offset things a bit 😅

Got the double whammy of end of fixed energy and end of fixed mortgage to come June 23.

I wasn’t Corbyn’s biggest fan but at least if he’d got in and dished out free broadband that might have offset things a bit 😅

Surely at some point if this keeps going the government has to step in and take on gas and electricity by renationalising it. Millions just can’t afford heat. It’s absolutely mental.

If you can, work out what you'd be paying if your energy was on the current rate and try to put it away in a different account.

Gone quiet boy, you are part of the PROBLEM. Join the real world
Hahaha. You're paying 7k service charges to live in a f***ing "apartment" which will no doubt go to10k next review, yet the average punter is part of the problem??
You been on drugs lad?
Are you going to non pay your service charges for your flat, see how that goes mate. Be on your arse in the street after about 3 month.

Aye am the same, august 23, probs 400pm worse off

Hahaha. You're paying 7k service charges to live in a f***ing "apartment" which will no doubt go to10k next review, yet the average punter is part of the problem??
You been on drugs lad?
Are you going to non pay your service charges for your flat, see how that goes mate. Be on your arse in the street after about 3 month.
Hahaha, my apartment is worth close to 3 million, I paid 400k for it 27 years ago never took drugs in my life lad? Hahaha.

Back