Energy Prices - are they taking the piss???

I’m fixed to august. It will go into the flex for £345 then if I chose. Don’t know why I wouldn’t as the new fix is for £499.
Worth double checking that is the correct amount as companies have been inflating price increases beyond the actual cost of the fuel. Find out your annual kw/h figures and do some man maths

Worth double checking that is the correct amount as companies have been inflating price increases beyond the actual cost of the fuel. Find out your annual kw/h figures and do some man maths
Will do thanks. They don’t make the calculations easy. Especially with this fixed daily charge - which is total robbery anyway.

They've set mine at £136 but in the they saying should be £182 to cover what you used
Found that a bit strange today
Did kick off with them last year though ,said their original figure was way too high ,they relented and actually gave £230 back at end of year

I think I mentioned earlier, I’ve switched from British Gas to Octopus for the EV tariff. BG took their new direct debit (£400, the reason I left) and Octopus took their 1st one (£360, to be recalculated when they see how much car charging I do). Luckily I had just enough in the bank to cover both. Now BG have sent me a final balance of 280 debit, and said they’re taking it in 2 weeks time. Wait, what? So they think I’ve got £680 lying around to pay them alongside the 360 to Octopus??
Fuck. That. I’ve cancelled the DD, they can send me a bill.

I think I mentioned earlier, I’ve switched from British Gas to Octopus for the EV tariff. BG took their new direct debit (£400, the reason I left) and Octopus took their 1st one (£360, to be recalculated when they see how much car charging I do). Luckily I had just enough in the bank to cover both. Now BG have sent me a final balance of 280 debit, and said they’re taking it in 2 weeks time. Wait, what? So they think I’ve got £680 lying around to pay them alongside the 360 to Octopus??
Fuck. That. I’ve cancelled the DD, they can send me a bill.
Be that leccy car dave. You have to pay to charge them.

People...

365 x your standing charge = X

Your usage x cost per unit = Y

X + Y = Z

Z divided by 12 = how much you should pay monthly.

Finally, pay your bills. f***ing bots.

Courtesy of an ex energy salesman.

Increased my monthly from.£140 to £375 for a 2 bedroom flat.
Spent £1100 in the past 6 months and they reckon I'll spend £2300 in the next 6 months.

Not quite sure how they can work that out since the first 6 months include the coldest months of the year. Mad bastards :lol:

Back