Energy Prices - are they taking the piss???

On a recommendation from one of her mates we bought a condensing tumble dryer a couple of years ago when our other one knacked.
Trying clothes seems to take longer, not sure on it's efficiency.
Condenser dryers aren't more efficient, it's a heat pump you need. They do use less energy.
We average 8/9kwh units a day generally (only 2 of us in a 3 bed semi) but the days where the tumble dryer are on it hits 14/15.

Amazingly, the missus still uses the bloody thing in the summer cos its "easier" for bedding apparently than the line.
My tumble dryer is on every single day, usually at least twice. I reckon it's responsible for a third of the electricity we use.

Last edited:
If the prices do shoot up come October it’s gonna fuck the economy , lot of people won’t have much spare cash , shops bars hotels restaurants etc all suffer as result

I’m going to start a social media campaign in October to ban pointless Christmas presents in the midst of the cost of living crisis. No more buying shite for other people’s kids or adult friends, no secret santa at work etc.

I reckon i’ll get at least 7 likes on twitter.

My energy DD used to be £53 and it was more than enough and I was always in credit.Prices started gradually creeping up and it was eating into my credit then Octopus put my DD up to £124. I thought I'd just let it run for a couple of months and knock it down to something more realistic. May's usage was £59. Admittedly May wasn't a cold month but they've plucked that £124 figure out of their arse.
Going to knock it back down again.

I’m going to start a social media campaign in October to ban pointless Christmas presents in the midst of the cost of living crisis. No more buying shite for other people’s kids or adult friends, no secret santa at work etc.

Oh and no posting pics of piles of presents etc either.

For Christmas this year the bairns big present is going to be me letting them have the heating on.
My energy DD used to be £53 and it was more than enough and I was always in credit.Prices started gradually creeping up and it was eating into my credit then Octopus put my DD up to £124. I thought I'd just let it run for a couple of months and knock it down to something more realistic. May's usage was £59. Admittedly May wasn't a cold month but they've plucked that £124 figure out of their arse.
Going to knock it back down again.
£53. Where do you live, 1960?

Last edited:
Its f***ing scandalous what's going on mind. How the utility company's hierarchy sleep at night is beyond me. Nothing short of blood money they are raking in come winter.

On very expensive mattresses, in eight bedroom houses, without a care in the world

100% with you

Last edited:
If the prices do shoot up come October it’s gonna fuck the economy , lot of people won’t have much spare cash , shops bars hotels restaurants etc all suffer as result
Something needs to be done. Like you say people just won't have the spare cash.

My business gas is trebling and my electricity is doubling. If that is going to be across the board,pubs cafes, small businesses are going to be wholloped, they won't be able to pass the costs because people are getting hammered as well.

I think this recession is going to be massive because it effects everything and everyone. Going to need some intervention.

Back