Energy Prices - are they taking the piss???

You'd have to pay for that, and then pay them again to reinstall it when the property is sold (neebody wants a property that's been de-energised).

Yep - I checked. Not worth the cost of disconnection and the hassle from the buyer when they find that there is no meter. It's going through conveyancing now so I just want to keep the peace.

Yep - I checked. Not worth the cost of disconnection and the hassle from the buyer when they find that there is no meter. It's going through conveyancing now so I just want to keep the peace.

There used to be tariffs with no standing charge but they were banned a few years ago. You paid a higher unit rate so it was just giving with one hand and taking away with the other. Handy for second homes/weekend retreats though with low usage.

Yeah. Did you leave last time round or still here?

Still there mate. They're not renewing the lease at Penner after 2022 so I either have to move back to Sunderland and work from home, relocate or go for redundancy. I don't work in energy though and my job is technical rather than customer facing so the role isn't really under threat. Three of the eight people I work with have applied asap!

Still there mate. They're not renewing the lease at Penner after 2022 so I either have to move back to Sunderland and work from home, relocate or go for redundancy. I don't work in energy though and my job is technical rather than customer facing so the role isn't really under threat. Three of the eight people I work with have applied asap!
Place is a shambles. Think I may have something lined up and time to go for me. Will see how many they want off my team in next hour or so on last call if the day.

Place is a shambles. Think I may have something lined up and time to go for me. Will see how many they want off my team in next hour or so on last call if the day.
My youngest lad only started at OVO in Doxy Park in November - he's gutted. Thinks he'll be finished before he's even got started.

Bang goes the new car he had his eye on.

My youngest lad only started at OVO in Doxy Park in November - he's gutted. Thinks he'll be finished before he's even got started.

Bang goes the new car he had his eye on.

I work for a business energy consultancy we are based on Hylton riverside and we are actively recruiting at the moment. Drop me a pm if you like I’m sure I could help him out and put a word in.

I work for a business energy consultancy we are based on Hylton riverside and we are actively recruiting at the moment. Drop me a pm if you like I’m sure I could help him out and put a word in.
Thanks for the offer, mate.

He got told yesterday that his job was safe so he's feeling a lot better about life at the minute.

I'll let him know in case it does go belly up, though.

Thanks for the offer, mate.

He got told yesterday that his job was safe so he's feeling a lot better about life at the minute.

I'll let him know in case it does go belly up, though.

That’s good news mate but yea I’ll gladly do what I can if his situation changes. We have big expansion plans this year so I’m sure I could help out.

Back