Energy Prices - are they taking the piss???

90% of solar panels are made in China. A fantastic buisness opportunity for someone over here then to open a factory up and solve the shortage.
Pretty sure there's a place at Leadgate Ind.Est. near Consett that makes them. The factory is covered in them, has been for years. Romac I think the company is called.

Of course not, absolutely.
Been quoted £18k a fortnight ago best quote I’ve had is just under 16. That’s for 20 panels 10kwh battery, 8kw inverter, car charger, water divert and bird protection. The prices have already started to go up since turn of the year, supply and demand that though.

Been quoted £18k a fortnight ago best quote I’ve had is just under 16. That’s for 20 panels 10kwh battery, 8kw inverter, car charger, water divert and bird protection. The prices have already started to go up since turn of the year, supply and demand that though.
Yes of course, absolutely yes.

I don’t think she could but what she wants.

I thought you ment private houses solar arrays.

She does have a point if farmers choose not to produce crops and instead put solar panels on the fields.

She does have a point if farmers choose not to produce crops and instead put solar panels on the fields.
You need to read the article, that’s not what’s been said. A farmer can do what he wants but she’s saying they shouldn’t be allowed to Anyway it’s not encouraging she has any interest in Solar at all.

There was one in 2012…the Green Deal…but it was scrapped as Cameron and Osborne wanted to ‘cut the green crap’.

Typical long term thinking from that lot.
No profit for them with it. That’s what matters with tories.

If she wants farmers to produce more she should have negotiated trade deals that make it worth their while. The solar arrays are predominantly built on marginal land.

Last edited:
Just had my renewal quote through from Eon.

Currently paying 1200 per year on my fixed deal which ends on 3rd October. Their standard variable tariff will take that upto roughly £1800 per year.

The fixed deal they are offering me is a whopping £3400 😂😂😂😂.

Absolutely crackers

Back