Energy Levels

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone got any advice to keep energy levels up in the gym.

I can never seem to get it right.

I seem to flat out after a few reps on my first set. I do a proper warm up, my diet is fairly decent (following Joe wicks lean in 15 meals atm).
Thinking it might be my daily water intake? It's no where near enough I reckon, but will this have a major effect?

Is it worth looking at Taurine to supplement?
Any advice welcome!?

Caffeine
Bcaa powder

Too much of a warmup
Wrong time of day to exercise
Not enough food
Too much food
Ditto sleep

If energy levels are otherwise ok then might be trial and error. If always shagged then see your gp.

Edit: might be lack of fat if you are on a girlie diet?

Anyone got any advice to keep energy levels up in the gym.

I can never seem to get it right.

I seem to flat out after a few reps on my first set. I do a proper warm up, my diet is fairly decent (following Joe wicks lean in 15 meals atm).
Thinking it might be my daily water intake? It's no where near enough I reckon, but will this have a major effect?

Is it worth looking at Taurine to supplement?
Any advice welcome!?

It's possibly your hydration levels but it could be any number of things. Off the top of my head low iron, sodium & potassium levels can all do that. It could just be though that you're trying to do too much too soon, whether it be reps, weight, intensity or a combination.

Caffeine
Bcaa powder

Too much of a warmup
Wrong time of day to exercise
Not enough food
Too much food
Ditto sleep

If energy levels are otherwise ok then might be trial and error. If always shagged then see your gp.

Edit: might be lack of fat if you are on a girlie diet?

Guess it's just got to be a case of trial and error over time. Don't think it's lack of fat, i'm definitely taking enough on. Too much sleep it could be, but i'm firstly going to look at upper the number of litres of water i take on. As an estimate it could easily be less than a litre a day i take on at the minute.

It's possibly your hydration levels but it could be any number of things. Off the top of my head low iron, sodium & potassium levels can all do that. It could just be though that you're trying to do too much too soon, whether it be reps, weight, intensity or a combination.

I'm thinking it's my hydration tbf. Maybe potassium, i don't eat any fruit really so will start looking at eating bananas in a morning. I have spinach every day just about so iron shouldn't be a problem. As i've mentioned above, i must be taking on less than a litre of water a day, so will look at that first

Guess it's just got to be a case of trial and error over time. Don't think it's lack of fat, i'm definitely taking enough on. Too much sleep it could be, but i'm firstly going to look at upper the number of litres of water i take on. As an estimate it could easily be less than a litre a day i take on at the minute.

I'm thinking it's my hydration tbf. Maybe potassium, i don't eat any fruit really so will start looking at eating bananas in a morning. I have spinach every day just about so iron shouldn't be a problem. As i've mentioned above, i must be taking on less than a litre of water a day, so will look at that first

My Mrs (yes at a price) has that Joe Wicks book and I took a look after I posted.

He advocates lowering carbs on certain days and timing different nutrients at different times. Everyone is different and you may need to ensure that you're 'fuelled up' but not still full before you train. E.g. when I go for a long run I will eat porridge + banana about 90 minutes before I start the run.

You may need to take a look at what you eat and drink before you train, what time do you typically start? I went to the gym at 6ish last night and I was stronger than if I go in the morning or at 1ish in the afternoon.

The simplest way to know if youre sufficiently hydrated enough is to look at the colour of your piss. It should be a very pale yellow, if its darker you need more water but if its clear you're probably overhydrated which dilutes your sodium.

I would give Creatine Monohydrate a go. You would only need a relatively small amount and it would fufill your purpose.

You can buy it in any supplement shop/Holland and Barrett and the like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back