Endoscopy

Status
Not open for further replies.

As much as I love the NHS I'm not sure thatll be the first thought on my mind when I'm pissing water out my ass in a few hours.

Was told 1 hour :(

It varies according to each med , should be cleared well before bed time unless you've been pigging out all day today

It varies according to each med , should be cleared well before bed time unless you've been pigging out all day today
Only ate chicken and pitta yesterday (loads of stuff I was told not to eat) and haven't eaten anything today, just sucked haribo :rolleyes:

As much as I love the NHS I'm not sure thatll be the first thought on my mind when I'm pissing water out my ass in a few hours.

Was told 1 hour :(

The shitting thing isn't even bad man, its like any other shit, except it's a lot easier :lol:

Depends what you're having. I had four packets of stuff to take, three the day before and one as an extra for the morning. Took a good few hours to kick in.

The shitting thing isn't even bad man, its like any other shit, except it's a lot easier :lol:

Depends what you're having. I had four packets of stuff to take, three the day before and one as an extra for the morning. Took a good few hours to kick in.

There seem to be four quite big sachets, and you blend two of the sachets together (one marked A and one marked B), make yourself a nice tipple with a bit of water and lime cordial, and then sip it for an hour.

There seem to be four quite big sachets, and you blend two of the sachets together (one marked A and one marked B), make yourself a nice tipple with a bit of water and lime cordial, and then sip it for an hour.

I see. Mine was just a simple lob a sachet in with a couple of pints of water and flatten. And repeat.

Only ate chicken and pitta yesterday (loads of stuff I was told not to eat) and haven't eaten anything today, just sucked haribo :rolleyes:

You'll be fine on that , soon as it's running clear then you can stop anyway , I've seen people who eat massive pizzas etc before they start the prep just because they won't be able to eat for a day - usually people who could survive for a month without food on their reserves in reality.

Put some water in to chill now and add ice if you have any - the colder it is the more palatable

You'll be fine on that , soon as it's running clear then you can stop anyway , I've seen people who eat massive pizzas etc before they start the prep just because they won't be able to eat for a day - usually people who could survive for a month without food on their reserves in reality.

Put some water in to chill now and add ice if you have any - the colder it is the more palatable
Pizza isn't on the list ffs, it'll have bits in and the tomato sauce could leave colouring etc (and meat / veg wouldn't have digested either ! :confused:). Good breakfast of eggs and white bread for me, then sucking on clear boiled sweets all day whilst drinking the laxative stuff.

Pizza isn't on the list ffs, it'll have bits in and the tomato sauce could leave colouring etc (and meat / veg wouldn't have digested either ! :confused:). Good breakfast of eggs and white bread for me, then sucking on clear boiled sweets all day whilst drinking the laxative stuff.

It would all come out though the prep would see to that , just makes the explosion more eventful

Isn't the person doing the endoscopy quite often your consultant? I know it was for me for my sigmoidoscopy.
Honestly? No idea. Not a clue.
I was too busy gagging and choking.

(And then they put the camera up my arse)
Fanny :lol: That means you can't leave straight away. I had nowt and within twenty mins of it finishing I was away.
No sedation here - left after 20 mins too (throat, not arse).

I might have been out in 20 mins, but it'll be about 20 years before I forget how horrible it was.
Get the sedation!

Honestly? No idea. Not a clue.
I was too busy gagging and choking.

(And then they put the camera up my arse)

No sedation here - left after 20 mins too (throat, not arse).

I might have been out in 20 mins, but it'll be about 20 years before I forget how horrible it was.
Get the sedation!

Had both me. Both a piece of piss :cool:

Reactions: PTR
Oh god. The farting afterwards.

Had to run to the bog after the procedure and there was this Pidgeon outside staring in through the window like I was television. Got really paranoid and couldn't go until the explosive diarrhea started.

The trauma.

They told me straight after the first one. They said it was ulcerative colitis, gave me some leaflets and a prescription for some steroids and special anti inflammatories.
I know that was bowel, but I had the same experience with throat - they told me my results before I left.

So why do I get a list telling me to avoid meat and veg ? the cheese, egg, white bread and rich tea diet is a bit bland mind :lol:.
They're right.
My mother in law has to get re-tested. The sheet of foods she could eat included potatoes, but she'd eaten them with skin-on, which showed up in the test, and now she has to go again!

Had both me. Both a piece of piss :cool:
Very jealous.
Obviously I've posted this a number of times, but when they were pissing around with my valve, they totally closed my wind pipe and I couldn't breath at all for what felt like 20, 25 minutes. ;)
When I started to wave my hands around, the nurse every so softly said, "its ok Peter, your O2 levels are fine".

They fuckers knew I couldn't breath and didn't think to warn me!!!!!!

Last edited:
Made my first glass for the evening. Went for a traditional blend of moviprep, 800ml water, ice and 200ml lime cordial. Have to say it tastes like something which would make your innards empty in an hour. It's f***ing vile.

Reactions: PTR
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back