Ending of COVID restrictions brought forward by PM

As per the Independent, Boris Johnson has written to Conservative MPs saying that restrictions will be ended in early February, not the start of April, as initially suggested, assuming they go ahead with it and parliament votes for it of course, etc.

They must be counting on a large number of the population being vaccinated by then and the tier system pushing down transmission rates

I think we're over the worst marra I really do
Think again. We are about to go for a 5 day binge of ignoring the rules and getting pissed with all the uni students at home. I suspect the cases might start rising again about 15th January. Bit cold that time of year so increased winter pressures on the NHS. Unfortunately it is far from over unless people practice abstinence until the 2nd January.

Think again. We are about to go for a 5 day binge of ignoring the rules and getting pissed with all the uni students at home. I suspect the cases might start rising again about 15th January. Bit cold that time of year so increased winter pressures on the NHS. Unfortunately it is far from over unless people practice abstinence until the 2nd January.
Oh we'll have a spike after xmas, no doubt about it - I just think the vaccine will do it's job and the sooner we can get it rolled out the better.

As per the Independent, Boris Johnson has written to Conservative MPs saying that restrictions will be ended in early February, not the start of April, as initially suggested, assuming they go ahead with it and parliament votes for it of course, etc.

Just in time for the Cheltenham Festival. Appears Boris is not 100% f***ing clueless.

It's true, they can. That doesn't mean they will, but they can if you look at the numbers required and how they would go about it. It does require a vaccine that can be delivered through primary care though. If we end up in a situation giving vaccinations at central hubs that have the chillers required to store the Pfizer vaccine at -80 then the logistical challenge becomes much greater.
If after this year you have come to the conclusion the government can do anything well, at all, involving logistics, instructions and national oversight and working in partnership, you arent being truthful with yourself

It's a nice idea. Most governments with the same resources certainly could. But no this one.

So you have planned the large scale vaccination of around 80% of the population with two doses of vaccine and the appropriate delay between? If so, well done, you should tell Handcock and Major Fuckup about your plan.

You don’t need to vaccinate 80% of the population to prevent deaths. You just need to vaccinate the vulnerable ( around 2.5 million people)and those over a certain age. Once that is achieved you can take off the brake and let covid run through the younger people who mostly just brush it off and don’t require hospital treatment. It’s not an all of nothing thing.

Back