End of Sir Geoffrey on TMS?

Have got to admit I enjoyed boycott on commentary and as a pundit, said it as it was, and wasn’t afraid to state his opinions - resulting in falling out with a few members of the England team who are a bit to used to having their egos massaged by the other pundits. I do think there is a place for the oldies who can relate to the years that the young bucks can’t remember. I remember my dad loving Fred Trueman on the radio recollecting the old fast bowlers when I was trying to tell him there was no one faster than John Snow!

Have got to admit I enjoyed boycott on commentary and as a pundit, said it as it was, and wasn’t afraid to state his opinions - resulting in falling out with a few members of the England team who are a bit to used to having their egos massaged by the other pundits. I do think there is a place for the oldies who can relate to the years that the young bucks can’t remember. I remember my dad loving Fred Trueman on the radio recollecting the old fast bowlers when I was trying to tell him there was no one faster than John Snow!

Up until 2017 we had a bloke who could recall being at tests in 1949!

Back