EMR Systems

Currently e use Excelicare and its shocking bad, unreliable and I the support staff are useless. We did use S1 for a few years but then we jumped into bed with this Excelicare. Now we want to try something else and I dont think RiO connects to the spine. Do you know if Vision does?
RiO does (i think) as NTW use it. I think Vision does as well

Other systems that i know trusts use or did use are Medway, Cerner etc

I have used vision and EMIS and they both connect to NHS spine. Vision is awful but EMIS was pretty user friendly. Out of hours tends to use Adastra which is OK to use

I thought SystmOne had the contract to deliver into all of the prison and justice service, but that may have changed.

S1 and EMIS are the big players with Vision and Microtest left with tiny share in comparison. I work on hospital systems nowadays.

I thought SystmOne had the contract to deliver into all of the prison and justice service, but that may have changed.

S1 and EMIS are the big players with Vision and Microtest left with tiny share in comparison. I work on hospital systems nowadays.

They have the prison stuff but the tenders coming out again soon. Custody is a mixture of systems and then theres DV and SARC

I have used vision and EMIS and they both connect to NHS spine. Vision is awful but EMIS was pretty user friendly. Out of hours tends to use Adastra which is OK to use

With EMiS can you design your own templates etc like you can with S1?

Last edited:
I work for a company that provides computer systems for healthcare, mainly H&J contracts. The system we currently use whilst is configurable to an extent is painful to use and looks like something from 1980.

We have used SystmOne before but want to look at what else is out there, so, can anyone who preferably has NHS experience recommend any others?

It needs to be configurable in house, mainly around forms and pick lists and connect the NHS spine.

Cheers

What does it do or rather what do you want it to do?

Supercalc! That's triggered some memories. And Multimate for "word" documents. Talking late 80's/early 90's?
Wordstar was the word processor for the discerning user, though old school typists preferred Word Perfect. Well they did till you nicked the function key templates off their keyboards then they were stuffed.

Once the suites came out, SmartSuite did a reasonable integrated suite.

Back