EMR Systems

chopperrus

Midfield
I work for a company that provides computer systems for healthcare, mainly H&J contracts. The system we currently use whilst is configurable to an extent is painful to use and looks like something from 1980.

We have used SystmOne before but want to look at what else is out there, so, can anyone who preferably has NHS experience recommend any others?

It needs to be configurable in house, mainly around forms and pick lists and connect the NHS spine.

Cheers

If you would like I can come in and have a look at your needs, provide advice and manage the implementation of any new solution for you.

£700 a day like.

I work for a company that provides computer systems for healthcare, mainly H&J contracts. The system we currently use whilst is configurable to an extent is painful to use and looks like something from 1980.

We have used SystmOne before but want to look at what else is out there, so, can anyone who preferably has NHS experience recommend any others?

It needs to be configurable in house, mainly around forms and pick lists and connect the NHS spine.

Cheers
What's that? A big bugbearer of mine is people using initials or acronyms thinking everyone else will understand what they mean.

In my experience, general practice uses mostly SystmOne or EMIS.

The general consensus where I work seems to be that using SystmOne across the board would be preferable.

Dunno if they’re readily available back home but I work in cancer hospitals and most of them use EPIC. Some use E-Clinical and there’s a large consortium called US Oncology which all use I-Know-Med.

Epic is different for each place I visit so I imagine it’s configurable.

And to the lad who suggested Excel, funnily IKM looks just like an Excel spreadsheet with column headers being dates of each interaction and rows being clinic notes, labs, imaging, EKGs etc so it’s always easy to scroll and find whatever you’re looking for.

SystmOne and Emis are the systems of choice for primary care @chopperrus.

What system are you trying to flog?
Currently e use Excelicare and its shocking bad, unreliable and I the support staff are useless. We did use S1 for a few years but then we jumped into bed with this Excelicare. Now we want to try something else and I dont think RiO connects to the spine. Do you know if Vision does?

Back