Employment law help

No witnesses one on one behind closed doors.

Only just happened

If a company has reasonable belief that fraud or any other offence has been committed but a thorough investigation has been unable to substantiate any allegation and as a result the employee had no action taken against them, I'd say that this was not a case for constructive dismissal unless confidentiality had been broken along the way, leading to reputational damage.

If it's a case of some finger pointing and one word against another, I'd seek legal/union advice as this could still result in reputational damage and deformation of character, but could be difficult to prove from either party.

Constructive dismissal cases rarely succeed, Especially if the person doesn’t walk at the time. It may also depend on whether the person making the allegation knew it was fraudulent at the time, and if their actions fell into the band of reasonableness

If a company has reasonable belief that fraud or any other offence has been committed but a thorough investigation has been unable to substantiate any allegation and as a result the employee had no action taken against them, I'd say that this was not a case for constructive dismissal unless confidentiality had been broken along the way, leading to reputational damage.

If it's a case of some finger pointing and one word against another, I'd seek legal/union advice as this could still result in reputational damage and deformation of character, but could be difficult to prove from either party.
There's been no investigation, a line manager has made an accusation on the word of a senior manager that fraud has taken place yesterday. There is no evidence to back up this accusation.

Constructive dismissal cases rarely succeed, Especially if the person doesn’t walk at the time. It may also depend on whether the person making the allegation knew it was fraudulent at the time, and if their actions fell into the band of reasonableness
The employee has verbally requested to hand in their notice. This is all going off the word of a senior manager.

Last edited:
There's been no investigation, a line manager has made an accusation on the word of a senior manager that fraud has taken place yesterday. There is no evidence to back up this accusation.

The employee has verbally requested to hand in their notice. This is all going off the word of a senior manager.

Do they know what next steps are? i.e: disciplinary?

Back