Emeli Sandé new Chancellor of Sunderland Uni

Because it was just a bit of a daft statement mate. Sorry should have just said that but wanted to stuff me breakfast down so just hoyed a smiley in.

It doesn't at all demonstrate what you say and I would wonder why you said it. A University does not have shareholders. But they are responsible for their own survival and these days that is becoming very hard. So yes many aspects should be run like a commercial operation would rather than say public sector but ultimately they are still only there for education.

What is wrong with the appointment of Emile Sande?

Think you're confusing me with someone there Bob ;)

And that z list celebs will do anything to get in the papers. Anything!!!

Biggest selling album in the UK two years running, 7 times platinum, part of the opening and closing of the 2012 Olympic games, sang at the White House for the Obamas.

Not at all my cup of tea musically but calling her Z list is way off the mark - but utterly unsurprising given your history of doing down anything that happens in Sunderland.

Biggest selling album in the UK two years running, 7 times platinum, part of the opening and closing of the 2012 Olympic games, sang at the White House for the Obamas.

you can see why the average council tax payer in sunlun won't understand who she was...

Not at all my cup of tea musically but calling her Z list is way off the mark - but utterly unsurprising given your history of doing down anything that happens in Sunderland.

exactly...

I disagree. I just think most people on here see it for what it is.

which is? that putnam's appointment was totally different but in a pre-social media age every ignorant twunt kept their opinion for the pub bores...

Last edited:
She was born here. Left at a few months old and probably hasnt been back. Hardly representive of Sunderland.

Well she was four years old , parents met while studying so no real surprise they didn;t stay long after graduation.

I think it's a good move , oldies might not think so but the target audience will know who she is and anything that attracts people or even makes publicity for the UNi has to be a good thing. Some A'level student from the south say probably won't have a clue who Steve Cram is so it's a progressive step imo

Last edited:

Back