Embleton

I’m delighted to see Embleton signing a new contract and being given an opportunity to show us what he can do but I hope the supporters can be a little bit savvy when judging his early performances.

A talented young player is ready for first team football when they reach the point where their positive contributions to a game start to easily outweigh their occasional mistakes. Young players make little mistakes during games that more experienced players don’t.

Embleton will be a player who will take risks and try difficult things in games and it’s important that the home crowd recognise that and encourage him to keep trying them.

Hope he does, we need a baller in the middle...

Looked a canny backup for Honeyman judging on yesterday's outing. Should hopefully be getting regular time off the bench this season and maybe some Checkatrade starts.

Still young enough to improve a lot too. Great news that he's signed an extension.

Not sure where McGeady fits with this theory, like. Unless the plan is for him to play that role too with Embleton as backup (and Maguire too? or are we pushing him forward into one of the striker roles?) and Honeyman drop back into central midfield instead.

Last edited:
Looked a canny backup for Honeyman judging on yesterday's outing. Should hopefully be getting regular time off the bench this season and maybe some Checkatrade starts.

Still young enough to improve a lot too. Great news that he's signed an extension.

Not sure where McGeady fits with this theory, like. Unless the plan is for him to play that role too with Embleton as backup (and Maguire too? or are we pushing him forward into one of the striker roles?) and Honeyman drop back into central midfield instead.
If he's no better than Honeyman he shouldn't be at Sunderland, as for playing that bugger in central midfield what makes you think he can play there ? FTM

Not like he played 35 games of football last year..

You’re the worst poster on this forum for a long long time.
so we know he can play mans football at league two levell...unfofrtuantely safc does mpot have a vanacancy for league two standard footballers right now..
we need ones capable of playing league one standard mens football..
maybe embleton is at that level..im inclined to believe he is...
but what he did for kids teams is not relevant to that..

so we know he can play mans football at league two levell...unfofrtuantely safc does mpot have a vanacancy for league two standard footballers right now..
we need ones capable of playing league one standard mens football..
maybe embleton is at that level..im inclined to believe he is...
but what he did for kids teams is not relevant to that..

Unfortunately he’s been our best player in pre season. You should know seeing as every question related to the owners you answer... a little bit weird

Not like he played 35 games of football last year..

You’re the worst poster on this forum for a long long time.
Use the ignore button it's great. I think I know which poster you are referring to and I put him on ignore long ago. Its bliss not reading his rambles

If he's no better than Honeyman he shouldn't be at Sunderland, as for playing that bugger in central midfield what makes you think he can play there ? FTM

Honeyman's better than many on here give him credit for. I'd rather see him in central midfield in this formation as a hard-working box to box player with someone trickier and more creative in front of him, like McGeady or Maguire.

The most encouraging thing about pre-season has been some of the young players now pushing for 1st team action, or at least match day squad.

Embleton, Summat, Kimpioka (still lacking in decision making but a real handful to opposition defence).
He wont have a good career here if hes as good as we think he will be away in a year

Back