Elvis impersonators

Elvis; the world's most famous pub singer
He could really f***ing sing though. I can sing but I've only ever done karaoke twice. The first time in The Blue House singing Burning Love and the second absolutely f***ing slaughtered in Spain at an owld woman's 90th birthday or summat, reprising my previous go.
The upshot of this is, I now know that I can't sing Burning f***ing Love.

and Pelton Elton
Couldn't hold a candle in the wind to Pelton John.

He could really f***ing sing though. I can sing but I've only ever done karaoke twice. The first time in The Blue House singing Burning Love and the second absolutely f***ing slaughtered in Spain at an owld woman's 90th birthday or summat, reprising my previous go.
The upshot of this is, I now know that I can't sing Burning f***ing Love.

Couldn't hold a candle in the wind to Pelton John.
did you watch that video on page 1 ff to 2min

:lol:

Nah, I'll have a look now. :lol:

Watched it now.
In the heady, carefree early 90s, among me and my mates any poor fucker who was struggling with the pharmaceutical workload they'd taken on was channeling Jarrow Elvis.
I've watched that video more times than the Maja goal today.

I just love crazy.

That is brilliant when you're wreaked.

@Kid Galahad what's your take on all this marra?

Last edited by a moderator:
The best thing I ever read in The Metro freepaper concerned Elvis impersonators.
It said summit like: In 1977 when Elvis died there were 235 known professional Elvis impersonators worldwide. Now 30 years later in 2007 there are approximately 230,000. At the current rate of growth by the year 2027 approx one third of the worlds population will be impersonating Elvis for a living.

My figures may be incorrect but that’s not what tickles me about it.

The best thing I ever read in The Metro freepaper concerned Elvis impersonators.
It said summit like: In 1977 when Elvis died there were 235 known professional Elvis impersonators worldwide. Now 30 years later in 2007 there are approximately 230,000. At the current rate of growth by the year 2027 approx one third of the worlds population will be impersonating Elvis for a living.

My figures may be incorrect but that’s not what tickles me about it.

Sends your mind down allsorts of weird paths doesn’t it? The lad who showed me the article was crying going home on the tube when I quipped “in twenty years time a third of the people in this carriage will be dressed as Elvis”
I'm definitely nicking that joke nice one marra.

Was at one in Tunbridge Wells on Friday. Got talking to the king during the interval and being nosy asked if he was busy. Turns out he is a postman in Hornchurch during the day - finishes at mid day. Then most days does an old people’s home for a couple of tunes for £60 a time. He has 17 night time bookings in December which he charges £250 for less £50 for his agent. He’s quiet in November and June but does at least 10 gigs a month the rest of the year. Not bad money for a job on the side. He’s also on the old post office pension so can retire soon on good money. Got his life story really !!

Was at one in Tunbridge Wells on Friday. Got talking to the king during the interval and being nosy asked if he was busy. Turns out he is a postman in Hornchurch during the day - finishes at mid day. Then most days does an old people’s home for a couple of tunes for £60 a time. He has 17 night time bookings in December which he charges £250 for less £50 for his agent. He’s quiet in November and June but does at least 10 gigs a month the rest of the year. Not bad money for a job on the side. He’s also on the old post office pension so can retire soon on good money. Got his life story really !!

Did he sing return to sender?

Back