Elton John advert

Pisses me off, that advert. If it’d been a novelty artist like black lace or similar, it would’ve worked well.

I’m not an EJ fan in the slightest, but that advert is seriously insulting. The bloke is one of the most famous and successful artists on the planet with about half a century of immense success behind him.
The advert is saying that anyone who isn’t ‘current’ or a hip hop artist is irrelevant and worthless. It’s nauseating, IMO. There’s room for other music forms, ffs.

When the fucker in the video has countless multi platinum albums behind him over five decades, still fills out venues into old age, and has such wide appeal that transcends class, culture and age, then he still won’t be in a position to mock an artist like EJ.

I wouldn’t normally take an advert so seriously, but I’m surprised and disappointed in EJ selling out like that.

Incidentally, if that was a group of white people doing, say, rock, and EJ’s role was taken by a rapper, there’d be a shitstorm of racism accusations.

Last edited:
Pisses me off, that advert. If it’d been a novelty artist like black lace or similar, it would’ve worked well.

I’m not an EJ fan in the slightest, but that advert is seriously insulting. The bloke is one of the most famous and successful artists on the planet with about half a century of immense success behind him.
The advert is saying that anyone who isn’t ‘current’ or a hip hop artist is irrelevant and worthless. It’s nauseating, IMO. There’s room for other music forms, ffs.

When the fucker in the video has countless multi platinum albums behind him over five decades, still fills out venues into old age, and has such wide appeal that transcends class, culture and age, then he still won’t be in a position to mock an artist like EJ.

I wouldn’t normally take an advert so seriously, but I’m surprised and disappointed in EJ selling out like that.

Incidentally, if that was a group of white people doing, say, rock, and EJ’s role was taken by a rapper, there’d be a shitstorm of racism accusations.

f***ing hell, I've seen some overreactions on here but that is one of the best yet. Are you gonna be alright? :lol:

f***ing hell, I've seen some overreactions on here but that is one of the best yet. Are you gonna be alright? :lol:

I’ll keep taking the meds!:lol:

The ‘cool young African American guys’ and the ‘aging, white, camp English guy’ angle makes a mockery of the climate of PC we live in.

If I’m the only one who can see the hypocrisy, I can live with that! Reverse the roles, it’d be hammered as racist. It’s a terrible advert.

I’ll keep taking the meds!:lol:

The ‘cool young African American guys’ and the ‘aging, white, camp English guy’ angle makes a mockery of the climate of PC we live in.

If I’m the only one who can see the hypocrisy, I can live with that! Reverse the roles, it’d be hammered as racist. It’s a terrible advert.
PC makes a mockery out of itself.as a white person, i’m not offended.
how did you feel about the mr bean snickers advert?

PC makes a mockery out of itself.as a white person, i’m not offended.
how did you feel about the mr bean snickers advert?

It was funny because RA’s main acts (Johnny English, Mr Bean) are deliberately intended to be joke characters.
I answered this point in my first post - if it’d been Black Lace instead of EJ, a non- serious novelty act used to a bit of pisstaking, the advert would’ve worked.

It was funny because RA’s main acts (Johnny English, Mr Bean) are deliberately intended to be joke characters.
I answered this point in my first post - if it’d been Black Lace instead of EJ, a non- serious novelty act used to a bit of pisstaking, the advert would’ve worked.
elton john always takes the piss out of himself,and i’m sure he was well aware he was the butt of the joke here too.
i think it’s a great advert,because of him and his reaction.
it won’t make me buy a snickers though

elton john always takes the piss out of himself,and i’m sure he was well aware he was the butt of the joke here too.
i think it’s a great advert,because of him and his reaction.
it won’t make me buy a snickers though

EJ is very good in it, to be fair.

Snickers is lush, man! Bigger and better when they were called Marathon, mind.
Double Decker is King, though.

Back