ELO tonight.

He didn’t play with them in Manchester last week. He did the last time I saw them couple of years ago.
I remember going to Edinburgh years ago to see ELO Part II - Groucutt, Bevan, Kaminski and Louis Clark. Only to find out Groucutt had died 3 or 4mths earlier. Gig went on with Eric Troyer and others filling in, strangest gig, worst gig of my life...

This. Loved ELO as a kid but it's not ELO to me. Granted he wrote and sung all the music but there are 6 guys from ELO's successful 73-83 period who are not there( ok, bit hard to bring back Kelly Groucutt I know). Like going to see Madness and its Suggs and 6 unknown blokes. Went last year and much as I loved hearing the old songs, it felt a bit like a tribute band - albeit a very good one.

What no Woody, Chas , Mike B or Lee T in Madness anymore? .......thats errrr.....madness !!!!

I've had their top ten and a few others I've heard of on Spotify since that post - not for me like. I think they're crap. :lol:

But what I don't get is how a band like Queen for example seem to get absolute pelters, yet it's all of a sudden hip to like one of the most desperately un-hip bands ever in ELO.

could it be that Elo are still touring with their main singer, songwriter and frontman whereas Queen arnt ?

Saw them in Manchester on Friday.
Absolutely Brilliant.

It’s actually Jeff Lynne plus Take That’s band and excellent backing singers etc.
Lee Pomeroy on bass is exceptional. He also tours with Steve Hackett and strangely enough was in the crowd at The Sage on Sunday night watching Hackett`s orchestral performance.

[QUOTE="EDGE, post: 28447435, member: 12961" Tandy still plays with them I think?

Are they any good?[/QUOTE]

yes, he was there last night.

I've had their top ten and a few others I've heard of on Spotify since that post - not for me like. I think they're crap. :lol:

But what I don't get is how a band like Queen for example seem to get absolute pelters, yet it's all of a sudden hip to like one of the most desperately un-hip bands ever in ELO.
I would put Elo in the same pigeon hole as queen. The one labelled "crap, boring shite". Whitney bloody Houston can be found in there as well.

Lee Pomeroy on bass is exceptional. He also tours with Steve Hackett and strangely enough was in the crowd at The Sage on Sunday night watching Hackett`s orchestral performance.

[QUOTE="EDGE, post: 28447435, member: 12961" Tandy still plays with them I think?

Are they any good?

yes, he was there last night.[/QUOTE]

Tandy wasnt there last night.

Thoroughly enjoyable night. You'd have to be a miserable twat not to enjoy it.

yes, he was there last night.

Tandy wasnt there last night.

Thoroughly enjoyable night. You'd have to be a miserable twat not to enjoy it.[/QUOTE]
Are you sure, I`m absolutely convinced he was the old guy in the corner on the keyboards and could have sworn his name was announced last before Jeff Lynne`s. I may be wrong though??!!?

Back