ELO tonight.

looking forward to this, probably one if the last chances to see Jeff Lynne performing live, saying that there's word of a new album next summer.

I came into 2 tickets for nowt at the weekend, can't say I'm mega-excited but should be a decent enough evening
It’s worth going for Rock Aria alone. The backing singer’s vocals are top notch.

Can't quite fathom how they (or perhaps that should be he) are suddenly such a big thing. I accept Jeff is a massively talented bloke, but he didn't half produce a load of sacchariney middle of the road crap.
I can see how it’s not your cup of tea but if you accept it as fun music it’s very enjoyable.

It’s worth going for Rock Aria alone. The backing singer’s vocals are top notch.

I can see how it’s not your cup of tea but if you accept it as fun music it’s very enjoyable.
I've had their top ten and a few others I've heard of on Spotify since that post - not for me like. I think they're crap. :lol:

But what I don't get is how a band like Queen for example seem to get absolute pelters, yet it's all of a sudden hip to like one of the most desperately un-hip bands ever in ELO.

Last edited:
I've had their top ten and a few others I've heard of on Spotify since that post - not for me like. I think they're crap. :lol:

But what I don't get is how a band like Queen for example seem to get absolute pelters, yet it's all of a sudden hip to like one of the most desperately un-hip bands ever in ELO.

It's not hip to like them at all..you like a band or you don't..those who do will enjoy them tonight those who don't won't..it's not rocket science.

I saw them in concert on the tv and thought they were boring as.........
My mate s going and he's as boring as ........... As well

Saw them in Manchester on Friday.
Absolutely Brilliant.

It’s actually Jeff Lynne plus Take That’s band and excellent backing singers etc.
This. Loved ELO as a kid but it's not ELO to me. Granted he wrote and sung all the music but there are 6 guys from ELO's successful 73-83 period who are not there( ok, bit hard to bring back Kelly Groucutt I know). Like going to see Madness and its Suggs and 6 unknown blokes. Went last year and much as I loved hearing the old songs, it felt a bit like a tribute band - albeit a very good one.

This. Loved ELO as a kid but it's not ELO to me. Granted he wrote and sung all the music but there are 6 guys from ELO's successful 73-83 period who are not there( ok, bit hard to bring back Kelly Groucutt I know). Like going to see Madness and its Suggs and 6 unknown blokes. Went last year and much as I loved hearing the old songs, it felt a bit like a tribute band - albeit a very good one.
Tandy still plays with them I think?

I heard some off duty police officers have an Electric Light Orchestra tribute band where each original member is represented by three people. They're called ELO, ELO, ELO
Are they any good?

Back