Elizabeth is Missing

• Thread starter Deleted member 5265
  • Start date

With people living longer it will get worse.. Sad that we look forward to living longer but now face dementia as a consecence..
Whoever finds a cure will make a fortune.
God this is heartbreaking. I've been through everything they're portraying with my mam.
The anger, the frustration, the insistence etc. As someone else said, it's not the sufferers it's the family left behind. 💔
I would love to experience it temporarily so I could better understand it. Having been on the end of it it's a strange disease. It's like all time and space is condensed into one.

Last edited:

I would love to experience it temporarily so I could better understand it. Having been on the end of it it's a strange disease. It's like all time and space is condensed into one.

I get what you mean about wanting to experience it. At the very beginning we used to say I wish I could understand it from her point of view.

Yes it’s something we as a family have discussed...we would love to know what is going on in my step mums mind but no one can tell us...we are at the stage where we get no meaningful conversation from step mum but suddenly out of the blue she will mention something which shows there is something going on in her brain...she was married to my Dad for thirty years but he passed away 4 years ago and just ocassionally she will mention Ronnie...my dad....but with no other context..give her a newspaper and she can read the head lines...she can count ...it’s all so very very very complex

Glenda Jackson currently acting every other actor who’s appeared on TV this year off the screen.

Thanks janiep

There have been lots of threads on the board over the years about cancer. Very few about dementia.
A couple of months ago I couldn't remember my log on details here, then went to the cash point in the Spanish mountain top village I live in and couldn't remember my pin. The young guy who was standing in for Manolo the manager was very kind. Sorted me out. Even gave me 300 euros to tide me over till the new card and pin went through the system.The RTG was less forgiving and hence my new log in 'My Second Life.'
I used to have a ratio of 1.66 likes to each post.
That was an ego boost.
To an old man.
Last night I watched 'The Irishman,' phenomenal performances. But Jackson's in this programme was possibly the most courageous and honest and seering performance I have ever seen. And so bleak.
Old age can be very cruel. Earlier today we went to a funeral of a friend who had a very easy death.
In the background 20 miles away are long term friends where the father has stage 4 Parkinsons. He is at a stage where we watched him try to scrape the leaves which were part of the pattern on his plate off with his fork because he thought they were part of the garnish.He is incontinent, raging and needs nigh on 24 hour care.
I think society needs to have a conversation at a very deep level about end of life care.
I think I need to have that with the wonderful person I have shared my life with for all these years.
Oh and FTM and Parkinson.

Thanks janiep

There have been lots of threads on the board over the years about cancer. Very few about dementia.
A couple of months ago I couldn't remember my log on details here, then went to the cash point in the Spanish mountain top village I live in and couldn't remember my pin. The young guy who was standing in for Manolo the manager was very kind. Sorted me out. Even gave me 300 euros to tide me over till the new card and pin went through the system.The RTG was less forgiving and hence my new log in 'My Second Life.'
I used to have a ratio of 1.66 likes to each post.
That was an ego boost.
To an old man.
Last night I watched 'The Irishman,' phenomenal performances. But Jackson's in this programme was possibly the most courageous and honest and seering performance I have ever seen. And so bleak.
Old age can be very cruel. Earlier today we went to a funeral of a friend who had a very easy death.
In the background 20 miles away are long term friends where the father has stage 4 Parkinsons. He is at a stage where we watched him try to scrape the leaves which were part of the pattern on his plate off with his fork because he thought they were part of the garnish.He is incontinent, raging and needs nigh on 24 hour care.
I think society needs to have a conversation at a very deep level about end of life care.
I think I need to have that with the wonderful person I have shared my life with for all these years.
Oh and FTM and Parkinson.
xxx

My Mams looking forward to watching this tonight on her I pad
She's currently overrun her cancer diagnosis by a month or so
Strange viewing given the above but that's Mams for you

Back