Elite Dangerous

The Fleet Carriers won't be around until the December update - which I think is why mining has suddenly become more lucrative (by far and away an easier way to make money than any of the 'exploits' you may have used in the past) because the FCs are rumoured to cost billions of credits just for the vanilla version without any of the support ships needed for specific activities or modules.

I bought and equipped a mining Anaconda and made 80% of the purchase price on its maiden voyage. Since then I've added over 8 billion credits. It would have been more but I've been running around like a blue arsed fly the last couple of weeks doing CZ missions for my faction.

Logon or register to see this image

You'll need this essential tool to find the best mining sites near you: Miner's Tool

Don't bother with Void Opals, they're not as lucrative as people make out. Stick to either double Painite hotspots ot triple Low Temp Diamond hotspots. Ignore the glowing asteroids and target everything with prospector limpets and you'll be laughing.

not bother with the pulse wave thing at all? Just spray the prospectors around like confetti??

I actually forgot to answer the rest of your question about other changes, @Ambivalent Squirrel All the September changes are listed here but the only one of note is the Arx payment system which is universally detested by everyone as it's a total rip-off.
not bother with the pulse wave thing at all? Just spray the prospectors around like confetti??
I still do use the PWA because deep core asteroids are well worth mining if you can find them but I reckon 90% of my income comes from just prospecting dull looking rocks and mining anything with more than 5% minerals that I'm after.

One thing I've only just realised about the percentage of minerals in any rock is that say a prospector says there is 15% LTD content it means that, on average, each fragment you blast free with a mining laser/lance will contain enough LTD material to fill 15% of one of the hoppers in your refinery. Blast a surface chunk free with an abrasion blaster or a subsurface chunk free with a subsurface missile and you'll normally fill an entire hopper with just that chunk.
Oh, and always use A-rated limpet controllers. The A-rated prospector controller will actually allow many more fragments to be mined from each asteroid and the A-rated collection controller gives a higher life-span for your limpets at a cost of reduced range.

Last edited:
I spent most of my time in the game playing solo and didn't bother with the BGS stuff, but I recently joined a Squadron and they have been trying to take control of a system.

Yesterday was our final day of war against a faction, we needed one more win to take control of a station so the guys put out calls to other squadrons for help.

I was in a wing in this vid where another wing of randoms dropped in to help, it was awesome having so many corvettes and anacondas fighting together.

I spent most of my time in the game playing solo and didn't bother with the BGS stuff, but I recently joined a Squadron and they have been trying to take control of a system.

Yesterday was our final day of war against a faction, we needed one more win to take control of a station so the guys put out calls to other squadrons for help.

I was in a wing in this vid where another wing of randoms dropped in to help, it was awesome having so many corvettes and anacondas fighting together.
I wondered why every time I logged in you were showing as being in the Nemehi system. :)

You should have come join our squadron Omerta Brotherhood - we're present in 23 systems and control 11. We've always got a war going on somewhere. 😎

These fleet carriers must be going to cost a fortune like

the speed you can run credits up mining is unreal.
There is a huge debate on the Frontier forum about the projected cost. Guesses are running from around 500M to 20B.

My own guess would be around 2B for the Fleet Carrier and maybe 500M for each type of support ship to go with it. I came to this conclusion because if you pack the FC with 8 Large ships, 4 Medium and 4 Small then the max value of the ships being carried would be around 2B for vanilla versions of Cutters, Pythons and Vultures. I can't see the FC costing less than the ships it can carry.

Frontier will want these things to be affordable with a long grind but not so affordable that everyone can buy one; they're supposed to be the end game purchase for Elite.

There is a huge debate on the Frontier forum about the projected cost. Guesses are running from around 500M to 20B.

My own guess would be around 2B for the Fleet Carrier and maybe 500M for each type of support ship to go with it. I came to this conclusion because if you pack the FC with 8 Large ships, 4 Medium and 4 Small then the max value of the ships being carried would be around 2B for vanilla versions of Cutters, Pythons and Vultures. I can't see the FC costing less than the ships it can carry.

Frontier will want these things to be affordable with a long grind but not so affordable that everyone can buy one; they're supposed to be the end game purchase for Elite.

If they’re 500m I’ll buy one just to fill it with sidewinders :cool: I guess FDs quote about it requiring a special resource to feed the carriers jump drive us telling - there’s a new kind Of grind coming.

tell you what though. Making mining pay has certainly tempted me back into the game. Having a genuine legitimate way to make decent money in the game is all I ever wanted. Pissing about for hours on end for 10m credits, board reloading for missions is tiresome in the extreme. After a few hours gameplay I’ve finally broken the billion ceiling, and I’m well on the way to my second. I got stuck around 700m when those missions running the corrosive alien shit dried up, and I got very tired chasing the latest gold rush.

If they’re 500m I’ll buy one just to fill it with sidewinders :cool: I guess FDs quote about it requiring a special resource to feed the carriers jump drive us telling - there’s a new kind Of grind coming.

tell you what though. Making mining pay has certainly tempted me back into the game. Having a genuine legitimate way to make decent money in the game is all I ever wanted. Pissing about for hours on end for 10m credits, board reloading for missions is tiresome in the extreme. After a few hours gameplay I’ve finally broken the billion ceiling, and I’m well on the way to my second. I got stuck around 700m when those missions running the corrosive alien shit dried up, and I got very tired chasing the latest gold rush.
I never thought I'd see myself mining but here I am blasting away at rocks almost every day. :oops:

To be honest, once you get above a certain amount of credits, have achieved every promotion going and have every ship in the game you start to wonder what the fuck you're still playing for.

Fortunately I discovered the joys of the BGS. I joined a squadron and now spend most of my time running around our systems trying to expand into others or fighting wars to maintain control of what we have. It actually brings some meaning back to the game for me without getting involved in the stupidity of Powerplay.

I now spend 30% of my time running Influence missions, 30% fighting in CZs and the rest mining. It seems like a nice balance atm.

Due to the ridiculous number of bugs released in the September update, FDev have decided to postpone release of the FCs until the 2nd quarter of 2020:

Here is a summary of our plans:
  • From now and into next year (2020), the updates will focus almost exclusively on addressing recent and longstanding issues, including those reported in the Issue Tracker, ultimately making the game better.
  • We are expecting to have a series of these updates, which will be rolled out (approximately) every three to four months.
  • Each update will also include a public beta that will run prior to the update's release, with a dedicated time to address major issues that appear.
  • The first of these updates will have its public beta in December, with an expectation that the launch will be early in 2020.
As a result of our updated plans, we have made the difficult decision to defer the release of Fleet Carriers. We are now planning for Fleet Carriers to be released in an update in the second quarter of 2020, rather than in December 2019 as previously stated. This will grant us additional time to refine the feature as well as focusing time on addressing existing reported issues. It will also ensure the state of the game is in a better position to introduce Fleet Carriers, that will provide Commanders even more opportunities to interact with the Milky Way. We understand that this delay will be disappointing for some players, but do know that this decision is one that we do not take lightly, and is made with the best interests of the community and game at heart.
A word to the wise: check you've fitted the friggin ship out correctly.

Last edited:
I need a little help, lads.

Some of you may know I work for a faction called Omerta Brotherhood. We've been pretty successful so far and are present in 23 star systems and control 12 of them.

We're an Anarchist faction but we do have one rule: if we expand into another system and there is another player faction already there we don't contest control. We don't start wars with other factions. All we ask is that rule is reciprocated. We don't mess with them and we expect them not to mess with us in our systems.

The Brotherhood came to the attention of one member of another faction. He couldn't believe that we were so successful. So he started about a year ago spreading lies on reddit that we were hacking the game and even that we had someone inside FDev altering the background simulation to our advantage. He is seriously mentally disturbed. Have a read of one of his rants against us here: and here's another one of his rants, this time about a deal his faction made with another Anarchist faction: INARA - Elite:Dangerous companion

His name is Cmdr Vurrath.

Thing is he's taken a real dislike to us and is constantly trying to fuck with our operations. Recently we took control of a system called Votatini. We suspected that someone was f***ing with us when the war for control of the system suddenly started going against us. We still won but only because we put in a lot of time and effort. No sooner had we won but Vurrath boosted the Influence of the faction we had just beaten to immediately put us back into a pending war.

There are now only two active members of Omerta and we're having a really hard time countering this one mentalist's actions.

Can I please ask that if you can spend any spare time over the next few days you come out to Valigursky Orbital in Votatini and fight for Omerta Brotherhood? Doesn't matter if you are PC, PS4 or XBox1 - it all counts.

If by any chance you see this **** then feel free to blast him into the stone age. You probably won't see him as the cowardly little shit does all his dirty work in Solo.
Edit to add: Votatini is our system so it is an Anarchy and as such you won't gain Notoriety for killing this shit.

Last edited:
im currently in Eotienses doing power play stuff which is only 60ly away from Votatini, I will get my Vette shipped over and smash some CZs before my faction go back to war.

Last edited:
Just handed in a mission for killing 90 of them. The low CZs have been bugged today I couldnt pick a side to fight for.

I enjoyed going to the High one though because a imperial capital ship dropped in, I have seen the fed ones loads of times but this was a first for me.

Just handed in a mission for killing 90 of them. The low CZs have been bugged today I couldnt pick a side to fight for.

I enjoyed going to the High one though because a imperial capital ship dropped in, I have seen the fed ones loads of times but this was a first for me.

It was much appreciated. We're currently winning the war 2-0 and couldn't have done it without you.

I usually only do the High CZs when our Squadron Leader, Gerada, is with us. He's perfected the art of sneaking in close to the capital ship in his FdL and taking out the heat relays whilst I run interference with the surrounding ships in my Vette.

Might have a look in a bit.
Found it. Downloading the logs.

There's some sort of plague onboard. Can't find any way in and no way to communicate. Ho-hum. I suppose I'd better try shooting it. 😈

Well that didn't work. I reckon they're all dead inside it.

Back to the grind. :(

Last edited:
My squadron are dealing with a nut job now. He only started the game a couple of weeks ago, some 1 took him under their wing but he went off killing people collecting data at jamesons crashed cobra. He made some comments about not needing to bother with engineers so we suspected he was hacking. So he got kicked and has taken it quite badly.

He has been hanging about in the system trying to undermine us and killing any players. With his unlimited cell banks and crazy speed.

My squadron are dealing with a nut job now. He only started the game a couple of weeks ago, some 1 took him under their wing but he went off killing people collecting data at jamesons crashed cobra. He made some comments about not needing to bother with engineers so we suspected he was hacking. So he got kicked and has taken it quite badly.

He has been hanging about in the system trying to undermine us and killing any players. With his unlimited cell banks and crazy speed.
Have you reported him to FDev? He's definitely cheating. Even a fully engineered Krait MkII can only hit a max of 543m/s at full boost.

In case anyone isn't aware, FD are giving free ARX away each of the 12 days of Christmas just for logging in.

So far I've had 2x100 and today they upped the amount to 150 per day.

You don't have to do anything in-game, just log in then back out.

I picked this up ages ago and never got into it. I've got plenty time coming up to spend on the PS4 so may give it another whirl. Does anyone have a link to any decent guidance on how to make the transition away from noob to mildly competent?

Back