Elite Dangerous

Been on a bit of a Journey

Went to colonia then made my way over to Sag A to see the black hole and centre.

Logon or register to see this image

Not sure which direction to go in now, continue further out into the vastness and try get my exploration rank upto elite, or head back to the bubble. I think something is about to go down in the bubble with the goids doing a runner.

Been on a bit of a Journey

Went to colonia then made my way over to Sag A to see the black hole and centre.

Not sure which direction to go in now, continue further out into the vastness and try get my exploration rank upto elite, or head back to the bubble. I think something is about to go down in the bubble with the goids doing a runner.
How did you not go insane???

The furthest out of The Bubble I've been is 6250Ly when I was ranking up to get access to Palin and I was a gibbering wreck by the time I got back.

p.s. if you've made it all the way to Sag A then you should automatically jump to Elite Explorer rank when you cash in the astro data.

Last edited:
How did you not go insane???

The furthest out of The Bubble I've been is 6250Ly when I was ranking up to get access to Palin and I was a gibbering wreck by the time I got back.

p.s. if you've made it all the way to Sag A then you should automatically jump to Elite Explorer rank when you cash in the astro data.

I tend to have something to watch on my second screen while I play elite, I followed the neutron super highway to get to colonia so did that in a evening. I took my time going to Sag scanning stuff but still barely got any rank, think i got 15% added onto my pioneer rank.

I tend to have something to watch on my second screen while I play elite, I followed the neutron super highway to get to colonia so did that in a evening. I took my time going to Sag scanning stuff but still barely got any rank, think i got 15% added onto my pioneer rank.
It's the cashing in of the data that counts most for rank. I went straight to Elite from about 10% Deadly just by doing one Road To Riches run over 2 evenings.

It's the cashing in of the data that counts most for rank. I went straight to Elite from about 10% Deadly just by doing one Road To Riches run over 2 evenings.

I have got very little rank xp from cashing in data, from leaving the bubble and going to colonia, exploring around then and venturing to say A I ranked upto pioneer then added about 15%.

I have gone discovering black holes for now

Going to head back to colonia soon and sort my pinned blue prints out, then back to the bubble I think.

I have got very little rank xp from cashing in data, from leaving the bubble and going to colonia, exploring around then and venturing to say A I ranked upto pioneer then added about 15%.

I have gone discovering black holes for now

Going to head back to colonia soon and sort my pinned blue prints out, then back to the bubble I think.
It's not how far you've gone or how many systems you've traversed which gets you the big astrocartographic data (and from that the rank) it's what you scan.

If you just jump-honk-jump-honk your way through the galaxy all you'll be getting is basic data. You need to scan all the bodies in each system to earn the creds.

If you're just focusing on getting Explorer Elite then use Road To Riches Route and only scan the Earth-Like Worlds (ELW), Terraformable Water Worlds (TWW) and High Metal Content (HMC) worlds on the list.

RTR only works in The Bubble though as it depends on a database of previously explored systems. The big advantage is that you're never more than a few jumps from your starting point and always within easy reach of stations to hand in the data.

Much better than carrying 100M of data in one go from the back of beyond then getting ganked before you can cash it. ;)

So put this back on last night for the first time in months, so much has changed I did know where to start.

Why have I now got 2 new internal slots in my corvette, and how the hell do I do the system scan/exploration stuff?

Had some pop up tutorial about scanning wave lengths or something, why they felt the need to change it idk. I liked to jump honk then decide if I wanted to scan any particular planet, now I can't even see them unless I scan a wavelength thingy:confused:

Also where's my disco scanner gone.?

Last edited:
So put this back on last night for the first time in months, so much has changed I did know where to start.

Why have I now got 2 new internal slots in my corvette, and how the hell do I do the system scan/exploration stuff?

Had some pop up tutorial about scanning wave lengths or something, why they felt the need to change it idk. Like to jump honk then decide if I wanted to scan any particular planet, now I can't even see them unless I scan a wavelength thingy:confused:
You can still do it the old fashioned way. You have to switch to Analysis Mode ('M' on PC) and then you can honk (Level 1 scan) as usual to get the system map populated and fly close to each body to get a Level 2 scan or use one of your new vacant slots to fit a Detailed Surface Scanner to fire probes at each body to fully map it and get a Level 3 scan. Just remember to switch back to Combat Mode when you're done or it can get a bit embarrassing when you next get in a fight. ;)

You'll have to re-map all the firegroups on each of your ships to get it all to work. I had to do 43 ships! :evil:

The new slots are to accommodate the new Advanced Docking Computer and Supercruise Assist modules.

Using the Full Spectrum Frequency Scanner (FSS) allows you to quickly identify USSs rather than flying around at random for hours.

Wait until you try the new mining kit and protocols! :lol:

Here's a nice design for an exploration ship that's not too costly:

Coriolis EDCD Edition

Or this if you're flush with cash:

Coriolis EDCD Edition

Last edited:

I watch this guy allot on twitch he does some next-level science stuff.

He hit a crater at speed in his SRV so it fired him up in the air, then he kept thrusting gaining hight. He orbited the equator of the planet a couple of times building up momentum so he could slingshot across to the neighboring planet.

Back