Elite Dangerous

I love exploring. Spent about 5 months out near colonia and I'm still only on 89% pioneer rank

Asp or DBX?
Got both did that trip in the dbx but I prefer the asp for short/medium range exploration, its decent for cargo and OK to fight with if you get interdicted.

Im only around the same in pioneer that trip took me from 5% up to 80 something but I didn't scan everything I came across. Made about 75m credits.

Ouch! The nearest place is Dirichlet Camp in 49 Arietis which is 180Ly away. :eek:

Are you still having no luck with Darnielle's Progress?
Just mooching around the pleideaes doing what I can mostly data and drop offs. Those ahm have a long memory constantly dicting me.

That mission for slaves was a wing mission if that any use for your group.

Ouch! The nearest place is Dirichlet Camp in 49 Arietis which is 180Ly away. :eek:

Are you still having no luck with Darnielle's Progress?
Just mooching around the pleideaes doing what I can mostly data and drop offs. Those ahm have a long memory constantly dicting me.

Here's a top tip if you can get 4 people together and have found somewhere which gives out 50M missions. Make sure you are not winged-up and coordinate your board-hops. As long as you all hop to the same mode (Open/PG/Solo) within the 10 minute refresh window for missions then you'll all be offered exactly the same list of possible missions. When you spot a 50M one each person takes it from their list so you all have the same 50M mission to complete separately.

When you've all completed your missions, form a wing and one by one offer the missions to share and then cash them in one at a time. You'll each net 200M.

Some people at Darnielle's were getting missions to transport 180t of meta-alloys and each were getting 4 missions done in an hour and earning 800M each. :eek:

Coriolis EDCD Edition
Trying to build a bounty hunter/combat zone corvette, but I cant get it right. Wanting something like the above but it doesn't have the juice. :confused:

@Slippery Jim how the hell do you build a corvette that doesn't break the power threshold?

Last thing I want is to deploy hard points and the ship to start shutting down. :(
You haven't engineered anything.

Do this.

Coriolis EDCD Edition

Maximise the shields. Forget about SCBs, they're a waste of time. Use the 5B Life Support to regen shields (Reboot/Repair in the right hand panel.)

No need for Heat Sinks as those weapons will fire indefinitely with 4 pips. No need for Chaff or Point Defence. The shields will hold.

Most important is to engineer the Power Distributor to be Weapon Focused and to make all your lasers Efficient.

Last edited:
You haven't engineered anything.

Do this.

Coriolis EDCD Edition

Maximise the shields. Forget about SCBs, they're a waste of time. Use the 5B Life Support to regen shields (Reboot/Repair in the right hand panel.)

No need for Heat Sinks as those weapons will fire indefinitely with 4 pips. No need for Chaff or Point Defence. The shields will hold.

Most important is to engineer the Power Distributor to be Weapon Focused and to make all your lasers Efficient.
Didn't engineer cos I probably won't have all the mats. Read that the scb were needed cos the shield is poor and they make heat hence the heat sink.
Cheers though will have a play around and see what I can and can't engineer.

Didn't engineer cos I probably won't have all the mats. Read that the scb were needed cos the shield is poor and they make heat hence the heat sink.
SCBs only work if you have a Bi-Weave. They take too long to charge if you have a normal or Prismatic shield. Better to run away and use Reboot/Repair.

If you need mats and are low on Grade 3/4 then find a system close to you that is Anarchy and in a state of Famine or Outbreak. You'll find distribution centres that have T9s just sitting there waiting to be blown up. Because its an Anarchy system you won't get a bounty or notoriety. Just take a big ship with collector controllers and you're laughing.

If you use ED Engineer you can work out which mats you need for any upgrade.

msarilar/EDEngineer

@Pseudonym Number 1

I always work on the basis that the number of rolls for each Grade are:

G1=2
G2=4
G3=6
G4=8
G5=10

Most times you won't need that many mats for G1-G4 (its usually 1,1,3,4) but you always need 10 rolls for G5.

You need to get the shield/armour up to as close to 50% as possible. Its not just about Absolute HP.

If you can afford Reactive Surface Composites go with that. It'll help the armour rating.

Shield/armour resistance up to 50% that is.

@Pseudonym Number 1

Last edited:

Back