Elite Dangerous

Got 1/10 of the way last night in about 3 hours, got the dbx up to 52ly range before I ran out of upgrade mats.

You're right though it's pretty tedious. Shame you can't automate it and just watch it. Ie leave it running while I watch the football
I've stuck a Guardian FSD Booster in my DBX and it now gets 70Ly per jump.

[/smug]

________________________________________________________________________________

Finally done what I've been thinking about doing for a while now. I now own one of each type of ship in the game. :cool:

INARA - Elite:Dangerous companion

Last edited:

Just over half way there I think. Not too bad so far just doing it in 1000-2000 ly sessions.
Just... turn... around...!

I've said again and again that you lot on here need to join The Secret Billionaires Club on Facebook.

Our newest member tonight.... Jason.... I gifted him 156M for turning up at Shinrarta Dezhra with just 4t of commodities.

DBX by a country mile. Strip it down and engineer it and you'll get 60Ly per jump AND you'll be able to dock at Sag A. A lot of people forget there's only an outpost there so a Conda can't get in.
Erm Jim, just looked this up and there's nowhere to dock at sag a. The closest place I've found is Boewnst KS-S C20-959 and its 11k ly away. :confused:

Maybe should have checked earlier but it a bit late now I'm only 70 jumps away. Ship is holding up well and I've only crashed into one sun.

And I've just seen a video of someone going down to 3%hull after arriving near the black hole.

I'm gonna die and lose all my data and unclaimed bounties aren't I. :(

Last edited:
Erm Jim, just looked this up and there's nowhere to dock at sag a. The closest place I've found is Boewnst KS-S C20-959 and its 11k ly away. :confused:

Maybe should have checked earlier but it a bit late now I'm only 70 jumps away. Ship is holding up well and I've only crashed into one sun.

And I've just seen a video of someone going down to 3%hull after arriving near the black hole.

I'm gonna die and lose all my data and unclaimed bounties aren't I. :(
That explains why I've never been! :lol:

Honest, I've said it before and I'll say it again, I'd rather chew my own limbs off than go exploring. I can't think of anything more boring. "Ooooh! Look! A proceduraly rendered planet/star/moon! Wow I'm so glad I spent weeks of my life doing this!"

I keep banging on about this but you should join our FB group "Elite Dangerous Secret Billionaires Club" We have over 50 members constantly monitoring for any opportunity to make big money in very short time.

Its a closed group so you can't just apply off your own bat. You need to be invited and for that we'll need your FB name. I'll PM you my FB (real) name. Send me your FB name back and I'll send you an invite. I'm a moderator for the group so I can approve you straight away. Just remember to answer the three obligatory questions about Elite because you'd be amazed at the number of people who don't.

I'll send you my FB name now.

Jim whilst I appreciate your trust in me I'm not on Facebook plus I play on ps4 so it's not like we could team up.

Anyho I've made it to colonia but it's gonna cost me 150m to ship out my gunship alone and take nearly 3 days, so I'm after a new ship.

Think about an orca for passengers, a type 7 for cargo and a krait as a fighter.
What do you think of those options

Jim whilst I appreciate your trust in me I'm not on Facebook plus I play on ps4 so it's not like we could team up.

Anyho I've made it to colonia but it's gonna cost me 150m to ship out my gunship alone and take nearly 3 days, so I'm after a new ship.

Think about an orca for passengers, a type 7 for cargo and a krait as a fighter.

I’ve got a python parked up in the Colonia garage for missions and mats gathering stuff - off in the AspX to Sag A next week from there

Last edited:
I’ve got a python parked up in the Colonia garage for missions and mats gathering stuff - off in the AspX to Sag A next week from there
Went with the krait in the end, seems very similar to the python. I've chucked a load of cargo holds on it and started delivery jobs around the place.

Doesn't seem to be anywhere you can get good modules nearby though but at least I had the fsd range blueprint with me so I've managed to nearly double the jump range upto 13ly fully laden.

There definitely money to be made out here.

any idea if that Aquarius Class cargo vessel is still there ??

If any pc players wanna play with a group your more than welcome to add me on steam and join our TS
Steam Community :: Ryh
Just a quick update: The Aquarius at HIP 17225 is no longer an option as some wanker players' faction has taken over the system and its no longer an Anarchy so you'll get notoriety for killing the T9s. I've found a better way to do it. Look for any Anarchy system in Famine and you'll eventually find a Distribution Centre where you can do the same thing and if you take a Wake Scanner you can get data mats too.

Only just seen this.

The Secret Billionaires is not really about winging up its about finding money-making schemes and sharing amongst the group but never publically so FDev can't nerf them. We have members on PC, PS and XBox.

Personally I'd just forget buying 3 separate ships and use a Python and just change modules as and when needed. Orca and T7 won't be able to get you into outposts, remember.

Went with the krait in the end, seems very similar to the python. I've chucked a load of cargo holds on it and started delivery jobs around the place.

Doesn't seem to be anywhere you can get good modules nearby though but at least I had the fsd range blueprint with me so I've managed to nearly double the jump range upto 13ly fully laden.

There definitely money to be made out here.

The Krait will probably do almost as well as a Python but I found it slightly limited limited for internal compartments. I'd be a bit concerned at your jump range though. I suppose you haven't been able to add the Mass Manager experimental effect to it as you're so far away from any engineer and I don't know if you've unlocked the Guardian FSD Booster but that adds a bit of extra range too. I've got mine up to 35Ly with a full load.

Coriolis EDCD Edition

p.s. There's something wrong with the Coriolis site as every time I put in a Guardian power distributor it changes it to a standard 1C version. :evil:

Last edited:
Just a quick update: The Aquarius at HIP 17225 is no longer an option as some wanker players' faction has taken over the system and its no longer an Anarchy so you'll get notoriety for killing the T9s. I've found a better way to do it. Look for any Anarchy system in Famine and you'll eventually find a Distribution Centre where you can do the same thing and if you take a Wake Scanner you can get data mats too.

Only just seen this.

The Secret Billionaires is not really about winging up its about finding money-making schemes and sharing amongst the group but never publically so FDev can't nerf them. We have members on PC, PS and XBox.

Personally I'd just forget buying 3 separate ships and use a Python and just change modules as and when needed. Orca and T7 won't be able to get you into outposts, remember.

The Krait will probably do almost as well as a Python but I found it slightly limited limited for internal compartments. I'd be a bit concerned at your jump range though. I suppose you haven't been able to add the Mass Manager experimental effect to it as you're so far away from any engineer and I don't know if you've unlocked the Guardian FSD Booster but that adds a bit of extra range too. I've got mine up to 35Ly with a full load.

Coriolis EDCD Edition

p.s. There's something wrong with the Coriolis site as every time I put in a Guardian power distributor it changes it to a standard 1C version. :evil:
The fsd is OK for what I'm doing atm moving poo from a to b then water back to a. I could always stick the one in from my dbx which does 50ly and see how far that gets me. Krait carries 152 ton could take it up but I want a shield at least until I get used to flying it.

Back