Elite Dangerous

Finally served my time with LYR and bought some Pack Hound missiles.

HO-LEE-FOOK!!!!

Just fitted them to my FGS and tried them out in a CNB. Anaconda gone in 2 passes. Python + FGS wing gone in 30 seconds!

Full loadout:

3D/T Beam Laser - G5 Efficient + Oversized
2B/F Pack Hound - G5 High Cap (264 missiles) + Oversized
2B/F Pack Hound - G5 High Cap (264 missiles) + Overload
2D/T Frag Cannon - G5 Double Shot + Dazzle
2D/T Frag Cannon - G5 Double Shot + Drag
1G/T Multi-Cannon - G5 Overcharged + Incendiary
1G/T Multi-Cannon - G5 Overcharged + Corrosive

Not much use in CNB/CZ/RES as despite a total of 528 missiles they disappear alarmingly fast. Back at Wolf 333 to pick up some Pirate Lord missions and see how it fares against Corvettes.
Logon or register to see this image

urgh - i’m back to being bored senseless with this again

Same. Gone back to playing other games. No doubt when I've nowt else to play I'll do the "catch up" grind on this again before being bored.

Needs more to it. Grinding to get the best gear and then when I do I feel like I've nowt exciting to do with it all so stop playing..

Stuck out in The Pleiades needing Materials and can't be bothered to go to Dav's Hope and drive circuits for hours? Here's your answer - and its fun!

First: your ship requirements. I've rigged an Anaconda but a Python will be good enough.

You'll need to have dumbfire missiles engineered for extra capacity and FSD interruptor experimental mods. Any other weapons are entirely your own choice.
Essential is a Collector Limpet Controller and a cargo rack which can carry as many limpets as possible.
Non-essential is an FSD Interdictor in case you want to hit targets of opportunity on your way to and from your destination.

HIP 17225 is an Anarchy system and orbitting planet A 5 you'll find an Aquarius Class cargo vessel which has been attacked by Goids. In attendance you'll find at least 4 either T7 or T9 rescue/aid/medical ships. Ignore them for now and concentrate on the Aquarius. You'll find lots of materials and cargo floating around. Put all the cargo types on your ignore list and collect the mats.

Now head out and start picking off all the emergency aid vessels one by one. Just make sure you engage out of range of the Aquarius because its defence turrets will go live. Get in as close behind each target as possible, target the FSD and open up. Keep hitting them with the dumbfires to stop them jumping away - and they WILL jump away very, very quickly! Once one is dead collect all the materials it dropped and move on to the next ship. None of the other ships will try to jump away whilst you're attacking the others. When all ships are dead board-hop to refresh them.

Repeat until all your missiles or limpets are depleted. Re-arm at PRE Research Base at HIP 17225 A 1.

Types of Materials to be found:
Chemical Manipulators
Chemical Processors
Conductive Components
Configurable Components - the Holy Grail
Mechanical Equipment
Conductive Ceramics
Heat Vanes
Heat Dispersion Plates
etc.

@Giddup Sausage! You said earlier that you were having bother trying to pirate NPCs who kept jumping away before you could kill them? Its the dumbfire missiles mentioned which you need.

HIP 17225 A 2 not 5

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Just to add: I spent a few hours filling up on L3 and L4 mats and then went to a trader and swapped them to fill up the gaps in my L1 and L2 mats.

I then went back out and filled up with L3 and L4 again.

Theoretically I could use the second batch of L3 and L4 to combine to fill the L5 mats and then go out again to fill the L3 and L4 but its late. Maybe tomorrow! :lol:

It sure as Hell beats driving around Dav's or staring at the stars for hours hoping to find a USS which has want you need. :cool:

Last edited:
I'm bored so I'm going to put this together:

Coriolis EDCD Edition

I've done the maths and the way I'll be engineering the 4 large and 3 medium frags it'll be like getting shot in the face by 19 normal medium frags all at the same time.

I dare anyone to stand in front of it and call it's pint a poof! :lol:

DBX by a country mile. Strip it down and engineer it and you'll get 60Ly per jump AND you'll be able to dock at Sag A. A lot of people forget there's only an outpost there so a Conda can't get in.
Cheers, didn't even know there was a station there. Probably wouldn't bother but there's a trophy for going and also one for going to w ursa majoris IIRC.

Is it worth taking a repair module thingy?

One day I'll turn the Cutter into a prismatic shield tank but I'll need a few billion just to get the parts :D

Have engineered the Corvette best I can but I need to unlock the engineers I've been putting off.

Time to start an exciting new career in mining :mad:
Just reading back a few pages and spotted your post. Did you ever get Prismatics? If you have them I've found a really useful trick.

The problem with Prismatics, especially the size 6 and upwards, is the regen rate is incredibly slow. Even fitting a SCB doesn't help much as the shield is so strong that even using one makes very little difference.

But there is a way round it! If you normally use a class D Life Support change it to a class B. This will up your emergency oxygen supply from 7.5 minutes to 15 minutes. Then, if your Prismatic is getting dangerously low, just make sure you're not in the middle of a fight and hit Reboot/Repair. When your systems come back online you'll have two full bars on your shields at the expense of 15 seconds off your life support. This gives you effectively 30 shots at regenerating your shields before you are left with the 7.5 minutes you had on your class D Life Support. :cool:

Chapter 2.

New ship - the Challenger. New Thargoid Scout ships.
Oops! 28.6.18. Today!

And 2 new ships - Krait MkII is out too.

Servers are down now and FDev say they should be back up by 5pm BST although on the last update they were back up at around 4pm so fingers crossed!

Changelog has been released:

Content

Missions and Scenarios
  • Added new wing mining missions
  • Added new high threat USS's, and missions that can direct players to them

Megaship and Installation Interactions
  • Added existing megaship interactions to installations
  • Added Escape Hatch interaction points to damaged megaships

Crime and Punishment
  • Players can now hand themselves in to security contacts, if they have outstanding bounties, and a zero notoriety rating. Players that hand themselves in will pay off the bounty and be deported to the nearest detention center
  • Relaxed the friendly fire thresholds against NPC ships, to lower the amount of erroneous crimes being handed out
  • Notoriety now decays whilst the player is docked
  • Players current notoriety level displayed in cockpit will no longer be potentially out of date
  • Relaxed the rules for Multicrew gunners so that they are less prone to accidental assault/reckless weapon discharge crimes

Horizons-only Content

Weapons
  • New weapons now available at applicable Tech Brokers:
  • Large Plasma Shock Cannon (Fixed, Gimbal, Turret)
  • Large Guardian Shard Cannon (Fixed, Turret)
  • Large Guardian Plasma Launcher (Fixed, Turret)

Modules
  • The Guardian FSD booster is once again available at the Guardian Tech Broker, now with improved fuel efficiency

Ships
  • Alliance Challenger - a medium sized ship, based on the Alliance Chieftain, that boasts a generous compliment of hard-points, whilst retaining the Chieftains characteristic agility. It also has stronger armour.
  • Krait Mk.II - a medium sized, multi-role ship, that trades defensive capability for speed, fire-power and maneuverability. The Krait Mk.II has space for two crew members and is capable of carrying a fighter bay

Narrative
  • New planetary sites added, with audio logs

Fixes and Improvements

Art
  • Fixed some missing effects on Guardian Artifacts

Audio
  • Fixed audio cutting out in supercruise near neutron stars

Background Simulation
  • Fixed war missions incorrectly offering influence rewards (influence during a war state has no actual effect)
  • Ensure that faction effects are the same from selling exploration data for pages as well as individual star systems, and balance those faction effects to have roughly the same galactic impact as before this release

Controls & Control Devices
  • Prevented Flight Assist from automatically re-enabling after exiting Supercruise

Engineers
  • Fixed an issue with fading text in the Engineers Cost help window

General Fixes & Tweaks
  • Numerous performance optimisations for hangars
  • Resolved some minor typos
  • Fixed some cut off text in material descriptions
  • Local news top 5 bounty list should ignore breaking characters from ship names
  • Fixed situations where 'Last main sequence star' info message can appear incorrectly
  • General stability fix for incorrectly replicated data between players

Holo-Me Creator
  • Fixed an issue that prevented players from saving their avatar with the Frontier Expo suit equipped

Installations/POIs/USSs
  • Implemented a maximum scan time multiplier to prevent excessively long scans on large Mega Ships and Installations
  • Fixed an underground destructible panel at a Guardian Structure

Missions
  • Removed the timed element from assassination missions, so that targets are no longer limited to spawning within a time window. Players can scan the systems local nav beacon to find the targets location.
  • Fixed Mentor missions showing incorrect reward choice upon completion
  • Raised pay-out rate for Elite Rank Mining Missions
  • Updated Salvage missions so that factions cannot be duplicated as both giver and target
  • Updated the mission timer for Massacre Thargoid Wing Missions so it matches the non-Wing variant of this mission
  • Fix wing mission rewards from trade missions to award trade rank to multicrew crew members as well as the helm
  • Colonia factions have started issuing mission tip offs for the region

NPCs
  • Ramming a guardian sentinel will no longer give you a bounty

Outfitting
  • Fixed long description texts for experimental modules not appearing properly under the "Read More" section in Outfitting

PlayStation 4
  • Fixed an issue that could occur when playing the combat tutorial while background installation is in progress
  • Fix for an issue where the “Put Your Fighters Up” Trophy was not being awarded when fighter ships were launched from your ship by an AI pilot

Powerplay
  • Fixed Powerplay crimes incorrectly affecting notoriety

Ships & SRV
General Ship Fixes and Improvements
  • Fixed cases of Collector Limpets clipping through the top of several ships when returning cargo
  • Fixed some visual problems with short Ship IDs

Alliance Chieftain
  • Addressed a specular highlight in the canopy that could flicker in certain lighting conditions
  • Fixed a small gap in geometry
  • Fixed some clipping on hardpoints 1 and 2
  • Shrank the Shipyard schematic icon slightly to prevent clipping
  • Realigned nameplates
  • Fixed some clipping on the Ship Kit

Anaconda
  • Fixed scratches being present on Ship Kit parts when there is no ship wear and tear
  • The number of internal windows now correctly matches the number of external ones
  • Fixed an instance of Paint Jobs not rendering over a heat vent door
  • Smoothed out some overhead cables in the cockpit
  • Adjusted some internal module target locations
  • Fixed emissive decals on the Anaconda losing detail if the Fusion Paint Job is applied

Asp Explorer
  • Fixed a 2D Cannon alignment issue

Diamondback Explorer
  • Added Ship Kit cameras for outfitting

Dolphin
  • Fixed a texture issue with the Prestige paintjob

Federal Corvette
  • Fixed some reflective areas on the Icarus and Prestige paintjobs
  • Lowered glossiness on Precision Paint Jobs
  • Fixed some missing textures on Paint Jobs

SRV
  • Fixed a visual issue that could occur with your commander when colliding in an SRV

Type 9 Heavy
  • Fixed a missing thruster texture
  • Fixed some texture and model position issues

Type 10 Defender
  • Fixed some clipping on certain Ship Kit parts
  • Fixed some texture and model position issues

Vulture
  • Fixed misaligned small lights

Stability Fixes
  • Fixed a crash to desktop that would occur when opening the galaxy map immediately after the game had loaded in a station
  • Fixed a server error that could occur when trying to apply an experimental effect to a module that was originally modified by another Engineer
  • Fixed a crash that could occur when using Collector Limpets

User Interface
  • Fixed an issue in the Systems panel that prevented the module health from updating correctly when repairing a module using a AFMU
  • Fixed legal salvage incorrectly showing as a loss when sold

Weapons & Modules
  • The heatsink launcher no longer has an incomprehensible DPS statistic
  • Human and Guardian Tech Broker blueprint requirements have been reduced

Multicrew
  • Decreased the discrepancy in jump times between Helm and crew members

Last edited:

Back